Destiny Tracker Network
xorth
xorth

640 Credits 507 Posts
13 Credit(s) Received

How to use Destinytracker LFG

You’re probably thinking any idiot can use LFG, but are you using it effectively?  I use it all the time and I get games in 1-2 minutes.  You having worse luck? Read on….

 

Too Long, Didn’t read:

Be ready, use tags, don’t spam.  If you are one person looking for 5, you don’t need to post. Just read the chat and wait.  Use the envelope icon to messsage on Xbox Live (sorry PS people).  Sell yourself, let people know what you bring to the table, but always be honest. Use tags? Use tags.

Common Terms


Term Meaning Notes
LFG Looking for Group
LFM Looking for More May include a number, meaning how many more people they need. Example: LF1M
CP Check Point Indicating where they want to start the raid from
Sherpa Will help lower level or new players

Should I use the chat or the listing of games below?

Both work great, but the games listing below is more for scheduling games for later.  Many people use it for games happening now, so always check it out, but the vast majority of people are using the chat.

Should I say something in the chat?

Not always.  It depends.  If you have a checkpoint, or if you have 4 of the 6 people to do a raid, or 2 of the 3 to do the weekly, then you should definitely post something.  If you are alone, in a small group, or don’t really care about check points or anything, then you can sit quietly and wait for the right person to announce they need help. Message them on Xbox or PS and tell them your character level and ask for an invite.

If nobody is looking for a group for the activity that you want to do, then that is the appropriate time to announce you are looking for people.  Whenever I am alone and I want to raid, I never type anything. I wait for someone saying LF1M and I just send them a message on xbox by clicking the Envelope Icon.

To tag or not to tag, that is the question

Tag.  Above the chat box there is a Tag Help menu.  A lot of people use tag filters, so if you are posting without a tag, a vast percent of the chat is never even going to see your post.  Low effort posts will delay the time you get into a game.

Nobody is responding to me or inviting me

Are you selling yourself?  Part of LFG is sounding desirable.  A low effort post will get you no responses.  Let people know what you want to do, your class/character, if you’re experienced, or if you need help.  A lot of times honesty goes a long ways. If you say you need help, people are more likely to invite you.   Lastly, did you tag?  If no, you get what you pay for.

What is good LFG Etiquette?

  • Be ready to go. Don’t join and ask to go to the tower
  • Have plenty of Heavy Ammo Syths
  • Use tags, and don’t spam. People hate spammers.
  • Pay Attention. Don’t post and look away. People may try to ask you questions.

 General Tips

  • Have your best weapons equipped. People will be checking you out.
  • Update your stats at Destinytracker. People WILL be checking you out.
  • Ask for help, never Lie.
  • Use Tags
  • Use Tags

 

 


TheBigL
TheBigL

251 Credits 504 Posts
5 Credit(s) Received
This should be necessary reading for anyone looking to use LFG. Good work.

Morarn
Morarn

180 Credits 296 Posts
The vast majority won't read this, unfortunately, as theyre too busy LFGing or are intimidated by the rest of the site (i.e. the rest of the community)

dizzydove
dizzydove

0 Credits 1 Posts
#lfg #lvl 31 titam

NeZu
NeZu

43 Credits 30 Posts
8 Credit(s) Received
May I suggest having the XBOX/PSN message link in the listings under the chat box as well? The chat box can really fly with posts whereas the listings don't. I'd much rather message people over xbl or psn rather than over HTR because of the ease of use

xorth
xorth

640 Credits 507 Posts
Chiller said:May I suggest having the XBOX/PSN message link in the listings under the chat box as well? The chat box can really fly with posts whereas the listings don't. I'd much rather message people over xbl or psn rather than over HTR because of the ease of use


Good idea! Thanks, Chiller

xorth
xorth

640 Credits 507 Posts
dizzydove said:#lfg #lvl 31 titam


This is example of low effort post, made in the wrong place.

Radical Scopez
Radical Scopez

22 Credits 41 Posts
dizzydove said:#lfg #lvl 31 titam

At least you tried. :|
and uh... titan*

-Hero-
-Hero-

3 Credits 2 Posts
The only thing I would add to this would be a list of tags to use. Too often I see players attempting to make one up or use one improperly. And yes, I understand that they tell you what they are, but let's be honest....most players either forget them from not using them or don't remember them. Other than that, great job!

xorth
xorth

640 Credits 507 Posts
-Hero- said:The only thing I would add to this would be a list of tags to use. Too often I see players attempting to make one up or use one improperly. And yes, I understand that they tell you what they are, but let's be honest....most players either forget them from not using them or don't remember them. Other than that, great job!


There is a list of tags, it's under the chat menu.

-Hero-
-Hero-

3 Credits 2 Posts
3 Credit(s) Received
xorth said:
-Hero- said:The only thing I would add to this would be a list of tags to use. Too often I see players attempting to make one up or use one improperly. And yes, I understand that they tell you what they are, but let's be honest....most players either forget them from not using them or don't remember them. Other than that, great job!


There is a list of tags, it's under the chat menu.


Fiddle sticks. I've been using this pretty much since Destiny launched and never noticed that. I retract my previous statement, realizing now how hard I failed.

Remove Stanz Calendar