Destiny 2 Tracker Network
Faeyrin
Faeyrin

5 Credits 7 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
I had a thought.

On occasion I find myself wanting to casually mock around in Crucible trying to have fun or maybe experimenting with new synergies. Maybe I'm trying to splatter team mates in Combined Arms, maybe I'm taking a new gun for a try, maybe I'm just not feeling swell and only want to push through some bounties. If I'm not trying my best and want to focus on fun over stats, I'm punished. Mainly because there are no "social" playlists.

But what if DTR made this an option? What if there was a little button you could click that would stop recording for the time being and any future matches will be disregarded by the stat collection until you clicked the button that says resume recording.

Hey Im Swat
Hey Im Swat

436 Credits 1524 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Even if that was possible, it would be open to abuse from boosters and it may lead the leaderboards to being inaccurate.

TheBigL
TheBigL

251 Credits 504 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Faeyrin said:I had a thought.

On occasion I find myself wanting to casually mock around in Crucible trying to have fun or maybe experimenting with new synergies. Maybe I'm trying to splatter team mates in Combined Arms, maybe I'm taking a new gun for a try, maybe I'm just not feeling swell and only want to push through some bounties. If I'm not trying my best and want to focus on fun over stats, I'm punished. Mainly because there are no "social" playlists.

But what if DTR made this an option? What if there was a little button you could click that would stop recording for the time being and any future matches will be disregarded by the stat collection until you clicked the button that says resume recording.

While it may be a convenient idea in some cases, I don't think its actually possible with the way bungie's API works.

Faeyrin
Faeyrin

5 Credits 7 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
How could it be exploitable by boosters? Perhaps if they know they're about to lose a match or they're going to quit, they could click the button right quick? That seems likely. Assuming Bungie's API does allow this* then the button could be on a ten minute delay for activation so it couldn't be used to cheese out of a loss.

All I know is, is that I'd really just love some way to play Crucible casually without worrying about my stats on here. I am competitive, I like to show my mad credz, yo. But sometimes I just want to have a laugh and fool around.

*I am certainly no developer though. I'd like to think stat collection could just disregard matches between two specific time stamps but hey, maybe the API doesn't allow for pick-and-choose?

Hey Im Swat
Hey Im Swat

436 Credits 1524 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
I really doubt this is possible but let's get Xorth's attention (site owner).

Calling @xorth...

Auto
Auto

6 Credits 16 Posts
I think that would open up a can of worms. Lets say it did work though. The amount of bug reports, abuse, and troubleshooting would be overwhelming. I believe you can prevent stats from being downloaded in the settings tab but, if you turn it back on it will collect all stats regardless. I understand your point but, Boosters will abuse the hell out of it. Oh... look at that... " I have a 47.0 KD with 2 games recorded but 900 games played. On the leaderboards it shows I am number 1 for KD :) CUZ I AM THE BEST!!!" That kind of stuff would get out of hand very quick. Custom games would be an awesome addition to test out new weapons and stuff but... this is an MMO so... that doesn't happen...

xorth
xorth

642 Credits 527 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
@Faeyrin the main issue, despite all the other things other people have said, is that I cant prove you own your gamertag. At least, not systematically. I can't prove I own my gamertag. When you registered, you could have put anyones tag in. Thusly, you would be potentially changing settings for a gamertag you don't own.

Faeyrin
Faeyrin

5 Credits 7 Posts
Ah. I understand. That makes sense. In that case, I suppose it wouldn't be worth the hassle if you tried to implement first party authentication by having people sign in through MS's and Sony's sites every time they updated their stats.

Though difficulty aside that would seem to solve the problem you mention.