Destiny Tracker Network
Yin
Yin

308 Credits 356 Posts
27 Credit(s) Received

You may have seen or heard of Guardians being compared by their site score (or DTR score), but what does that mean?

DestinyTracker Site Score is your long-term standing that awards points to Guardians for each game they play. The more games you play, the more score you’ll accrue. However, more effective Guardians will find themselves doing so at a much faster rate. It is possible to lose DTR Score for poor performance, so the higher your score is, the more difficult earning more score becomes (much like a logarithmic curve).

Initially, a higher DTR score will usually be determined by having a higher number of games played since the penalties associated with not doing well as minimal. When comparing two players of similar scores at this point, the player with the fewer games should be considered more effective as they have reached the same score in less time.

With these penalties increasing in intensity as your score increases, the system becomes more competitive as players battle it out to increase (and even keep) their scores across their games.

How is DTR Score calculated?
Site score takes your post-game score, kills, wins, assists, and other positive factors and weights them against negative factors such as your deaths and losses. Your score changes based on the information gathered between your collections here on DestinyTracker and is not averaged to return a value that can be immediately compared between two players like Bungie’s Combat Rating.

Where is DTR Score used?
Our site score is used in multiple Crucible calculations. Each character has their own site score, as well as a total site score that uses the stats from all character (which is calculated on its own, not just the sum of all three). We also use score for each Crucible playlist (which uses the data from all three characters as well).

Can my site score decrease?
Yes it can, but if you're in your early thousands, this is unlikely. As you climb to a higher site score, you'll notice that your games aren't giving you the same score as they used to. This is a result of the penalties becoming more prevalent. Keep finishing your games strong to avoid losing your hard-earned score!

Why do I have a lower site score than someone who has worse stats than mine?
For players who are not near the top of the leaderboard, this discrepancy is typically a result of when you originally visited the site. Some Guardians have been around longer and have been collecting their statistics frequently over time, giving them a steadier increase in score rather than large jumps. For those who are at higher ranges, remember that your score can decrease for poor performances.

The sum of my character site scores don't equal my total site score. Is there a bug?
No, this is not a bug. Your total site score is generated based on the sum of all your stats, not the sum of your characters' site scores. Since site score becomes more difficult to acquire as your score increases, it would unfairly favor those who play evenly across three characters. Generating your total site score as the combination of your stats allows a single value that changes regardless of what character you play on the most.

Is there a limit to how much site score someone can have?
While there is no limit, there comes a point where acquiring score becomes too difficult, even for the best players. You can estimate the upper bounds of site score by taking a glance at Guardians that are at the top of the leaderboard.

Will my site score decrease when I delete one of my characters?
If you have Crucible stats logged on the character you intend to delete, yes your score will drop. The severity of this drop is dependent on the percentage of your total stats that are logged on the deleted character. This drop occurs during the first site update after you delete your character.

My question hasn't been answered, what do I do?
Any questions you have regarding site score can be either asked in a reply to this thread, or directed to Darkened Night.

Q
Q

8 Credits 1 Posts
8 Credit(s) Received
An explanation at last!

Yin
Yin

308 Credits 356 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Q said:An explanation at last!

Yes, hopefully this will help answer a lot of the questions we've been receiving. TrueSkill will be up next!

RaGe0420
RaGe0420

3 Credits 4 Posts
2 Credit(s) Received
Thanks for the info

AstDroid
AstDroid

2 Credits 8 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Every so often I glance at the PSN leaderboards for DTR Score and relatively recently I noticed some HUGE jumps by tripleWRECK to 236,857 and L4F3-StYLe to 205,431. As far as I know, MACM should be #1, not triple. Where did this huge jump come from and is it going to be fixed anytime soon..?

Edit: Replaced PSN with DTR Score

Hey Im Swat
Hey Im Swat

432 Credits 1511 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
AstDroid said:

A moderator will reply to you soon regarding this issue. :)

Join our Discord, click here.
Yin
Yin

308 Credits 356 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
AstDroid said:Every so often I glance at the PSN leaderboards for PSN, and relatively recently I noticed some HUGE jumps by tripleWRECK to 236,857 and L4F3-StYLe to 205,431. As far as I know, MACM should be #1, not triple. Where did this huge jump come from and is it going to be fixed anytime soon..?

This has happened once in the past. We've been investigating this issue and have found a way of identifying this bug in the future. The players we have investigated have been restored to the appropriate level. We'll continue working at this in order to prevent this from happening again.

xorth
xorth

640 Credits 507 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
AstDroid said:Every so often I glance at the PSN leaderboards for PSN, and relatively recently I noticed some HUGE jumps by tripleWRECK to 236,857 and L4F3-StYLe to 205,431. As far as I know, MACM should be #1, not triple. Where did this huge jump come from and is it going to be fixed anytime soon..?

Fixed

AstDroid
AstDroid

2 Credits 8 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
xorth said:

Fixed

That was much quicker than I expected. Well done and nice fix!

unafragger
unafragger

1 Credits 2 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
I noticed that when I restarted a character, my overall score went way down, even into the negatives. I'd expect down, but negative is kinda weird. Are games played on a character that has been deleted still counted, and if so, is there a way to get them out?

Thanks! :D

Hey Im Swat
Hey Im Swat

432 Credits 1511 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
unafragger said:

If you delete a character, the stats associated with a them are deleted on Bungie's end so there's nothing we can do. However, your DTR score shouldn't be negative when this happens so I'll call up the staff to look into this.

@Sengir79 @Xorth @Darkened Night

RyFlyRy
RyFlyRy

1 Credits 1 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Top 7 percent

Hey Im Swat
Hey Im Swat

432 Credits 1511 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
RyFlyRy said:

What? Do you require assistance with something?

A2DReasons
A2DReasons

1 Credits 1 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
I've been wondering about this and now I have an answer. Thanks

Go7denheart
Go7denheart

2 Credits 2 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
I said to myself "Hey we're finally allowed to know how dtr is calculated," and then I read on. This is no explanation, how about the actual formula used to get the score?

Yin
Yin

308 Credits 356 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Go7denheart said:I said to myself "Hey we're finally allowed to know how dtr is calculated," and then I read on. This is no explanation, how about the actual formula used to get the score?

To protect the integrity of the system, we won't disclose the actual formula used for the calculations of DTR score to the public. Doing so sets could set it up for exploitation, and that's definitely not something we want to occur.

Go7denheart
Go7denheart

2 Credits 2 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Darkened Night said:
Go7denheart said:I said to myself "Hey we're finally allowed to know how dtr is calculated," and then I read on. This is no explanation, how about the actual formula used to get the score?

To protect the integrity of the system, we won't disclose the actual formula used for the calculations of DTR score to the public. Doing so sets could set it up for exploitation, and that's definitely not something we want to occur.

Shit you got me man. I only wanted to know so I could exploit :)

Danymac89
Danymac89

12 Credits 12 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Hey guys I wanted to ask why when I add my DTR score together manually I get around 80k but on the leaderboard it says that my DTR score is 62k I have deleted a character but never one that I used to play crucible with any help would be appreciated

x X BioBite X x
x X BioBite X x

1 Credits 2 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Nice info!

Yin
Yin

308 Credits 356 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Danymac89 said:Hey guys I wanted to ask why when I add my DTR score together manually I get around 80k but on the leaderboard it says that my DTR score is 62k I have deleted a character but never one that I used to play crucible with any help would be appreciated

This is covered in the FAQ. Site score is run a fourth time that includes the stats of all of your characters. I've elaborated this point on the FAQ a bit more.

The sum of my character site scores don't equal my total site score. Is there a bug?
No, this is not a bug. Your total site score is generated based on the sum of all your stats, not the sum of your characters' site scores. Since site score becomes more difficult to acquire as your score increases, it would unfairly favor those who play evenly across three characters. Generating your total site score as the combination of your stats allows a single value that changes regardless of what character you play on the most.

Remove Stanz Calendar