Welcome to Destiny Tracker!

Recent:
LonestarSky23
LonestarSky23

0 Credits 1 Posts
I dont understand why my stats including true skill, k/d, win percentage and pretty much every other stat is better than some people but they are ranked higher than me in the overall crucible rankings. Does anyone know why this is the case?

brokuta
brokuta

0 Credits 1 Posts
What is Elo?

Hey Im Swat
Hey Im Swat

431 Credits 1482 Posts
brokuta said:What is Elo?

Maybe if you read the correct thread you'll know.

Need help? Please see the Help Forum or send us a Tweet at @DestinyTrack
Sam Merrill
Sam Merrill

0 Credits 1 Posts
Darkened Night said:
hatebreedsrage said:Yeah, its essentially tailoring your score to whatever random group of people you've been paired with. I've seen some truly amazing people with crazy high scores on the losing team because they got paired with players who had 4 kills and 17 deaths. I dont see how they can call this a TrueSkill score when it has nothing to do with your skill alone.

I can assure you that if someone was getting wins while going 4 and 17, they would never be able to get a 50. The same can be said for the truly amazing players who still lose, their stats can mitigate any possibility of being deranked.

Think of TrueSkill like playing ranked matches on any game. Players who want to have the highest score will be playing with a team. If we didn't base our system on this, getting a 50 would be meaningless task and wouldn't offer anything to Destiny players.

Omg thanks yeah definitely flawed

Pyromadman1
Pyromadman1

0 Credits 2 Posts
Hey there, recently my true skill in salvage dropped from 32 to 26 for no reason, I didn't go on a big losing streak or anything like that and it was only over a few days that it happened, has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to fix it?

Hey Im Swat
Hey Im Swat

431 Credits 1482 Posts
Pyromadman1 said:Hey there, recently my true skill in salvage dropped from 32 to 26 for no reason, I didn't go on a big losing streak or anything like that and it was only over a few days that it happened, has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to fix it?

Hi,

Your Trueskill likely dropped a huge amount due to an error in the Bungie API.

I don't believe there is any way of fixing this other than you earning it again.

Sorry but the fault is Bungie's!

hjenx
hjenx

1 Credits 1 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
lol I went from 44 to 40 true skill and diamond 1 to silver 1 in one day. What a joke of a system.

Hey Im Swat
Hey Im Swat

431 Credits 1482 Posts
hjenx said:

Hi,

You likely dropped a huge amount due to an error in the Bungie API a few weeks ago. This was a fault out with our control but it has now been sorted.

Sorry about that.

Yin
Yin

308 Credits 356 Posts
hjenx said:lol I went from 44 to 40 true skill and diamond 1 to silver 1 in one day. What a joke of a system.

Perhaps this is an issue with the API, but I'm seeing that you played 46 games of Control in the past 24 hours. Your win rate for this period was 45.7%, which is relatively low for players in the TrueSkill and Elo ranges that you listed that you were at. If these games were erroneous, then there is little we can do, but if this data reflects your gameplay in the past 24 hours, then I can assure you that the system is working properly.

In the pursuit of longevity and legitimacy, we have to create a system that remains difficult.

GoodbyeMyAngel
GoodbyeMyAngel

0 Credits 1 Posts
Danymac89 said:Stupid system seeing as I keep getting put into losing matches of 18000-7000 point control matches

If you read what it sayd you would know it also takes the likelyhood of winning so if you come in a game witch is about to end it wont count as hard as a full match

Flawless Runs
Flawless Runs

0 Credits 1 Posts
seems fair

CaVE
CaVE

0 Credits 2 Posts
I just dont agree with having wins as the main calculator for true skill, especially in ToO. I know a couple of players who are terrible, but are very fortunate to get carried to the Lighthouse multiple times a week and their true skill is 33 plus. However, if you look at other modes their DTR is at best a 20. But because they are lucky to go flawless and carry a overall k/d under .50, their crucible skill level is higher. To me this logic of scoring is terrible. Wins should count towards progression, but individual performance should count MORE than wins..... My rant is over.

Hey Im Swat
Hey Im Swat

431 Credits 1482 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
CaVE said: individual performance should count MORE than wins

Thing is, it's easy to camp at the back of a map of an objective game and stat pad which would make getting a 50 too easy. That is why wins and individual performance are taken into consideration when awarding you with a rank up or not.

CaVE
CaVE

0 Credits 2 Posts
Hey Im Swat said:
CaVE said: individual performance should count MORE than wins

Thing is, it's easy to camp at the back of a map of an objective game and stat pad which would make getting a 50 too easy. That is why wins and individual performance are taken into consideration when awarding you with a rank up or not.

Thanks for the reply.

Senatours
Senatours

0 Credits 1 Posts
i have been playing a lot of trials and i am only a 40 dtr lol makes no sense and i have a 1.65 kd in trial so

falconswoop88
falconswoop88

0 Credits 1 Posts
i have been playing a lot of trials and i am only a 40 dtr lol makes no sense and i have a 1.65 kd in trial so

Your kd has nothing to do with trials. Its your w/l ratio mainly.