Destiny Tracker Network
fire sa1nt
fire sa1nt

0 Credits 1 Posts
Hi I'm new to the forums but there has always been something that I have wished was included with Destiny Tracker. It would be awesome if you could find when you played with/against a player. As someone who loves the tangible information provided from stats and database I am constantly looking at all the nifty information that you guys are always able to find. However this one request has always been bothersome because personally I would like to know if I have faced elite players or even friends of friends. Currently it's a tedious task to scroll through every game type in hopes of finding a match where you and (gamertag) have faced each other. I realize it may be difficult or even impossible because I don't quite know how destiny/bungie keeps its information. It would be really cool to see when you first met someone in destiny or even who has killed you most. The latter would be interesting because as we continue to even and normalize our skills we tend to run into the same players a lot, so knowing your record would be interesting to have if not a good motivational point.

Anyways thanks for listening in and I hope to hear everyone's thoughts on the matter, do you agree or disagree? what else would you like to see in terms of stat tracking?

Yin
Yin

309 Credits 356 Posts
It's certainly possible, but it is probably out of the scope of what we can provide to our community. The closest feature we offer is our Query Aggregator, and it is limited to a maximum of 75 games (and only shows players with whom you've played three games with in the result). This feature, as well as the recent games viewer simply pull the information straight from Bungie.

In order to show statistics related to who you played with, when, and how many times, we would need to store all of that information. This becomes an even bigger concern when some players have over 5,000 games played. It's certainly achievable, we've done it previously with Halo, but it would likely be reserved for advanced statistics that we would have seek donations to keep running.

Personally, I'd love to have it. I used this feature in Halo: Reach and was able to look-up all the games I've played with/against a player so I'm even more starved for something like this.

TheUngodlyOne
TheUngodlyOne

0 Credits 4 Posts
Darkened Night said:It's certainly possible, but it is probably out of the scope of what we can provide to our community. The closest feature we offer is our Query Aggregator, and it is limited to a maximum of 75 games (and only shows players with whom you've played three games with in the result). This feature, as well as the recent games viewer simply pull the information straight from Bungie.

In order to show statistics related to who you played with, when, and how many times, we would need to store all of that information. This becomes an even bigger concern when some players have over 5,000 games played. It's certainly achievable, we've done it previously with Halo, but it would likely be reserved for advanced statistics that we would have seek donations to keep running.

Personally, I'd love to have it. I used this feature in Halo: Reach and was able to look-up all the games I've played with/against a player so I'm even more starved for something like this.

I'm sure I already know the answer to this given your response to the OP, but I figured I'd ask anyways... Would it be feasible to expand the query aggregator to allow filtering by say medals earned in a match, minimum K/D, etc...? As an example, would it be possible for me to filter out games where I prevailed unbroken, or got a reaper medal? If not, how about minimum K/D? That would allow me to find the games where I prevailed unbroken (or only had 1 death) by setting the minimum K/D to 15.

Yin
Yin

309 Credits 356 Posts
TheUngodlyOne said:I'm sure I already know the answer to this given your response to the OP, but I figured I'd ask anyways... Would it be feasible to expand the query aggregator to allow filtering by say medals earned in a match, minimum K/D, etc...? As an example, would it be possible for me to filter out games where I prevailed unbroken, or got a reaper medal? If not, how about minimum K/D? That would allow me to find the games where I prevailed unbroken (or only had 1 death) by setting the minimum K/D to 15.

That would have to be a question I would need to ask Xorth about; the limitations for something like filtering for medals is largely dependent on his design. Would you still find such a feature valuable given that we can only recover up to 75 games that are up to 2 months into the past?

TheUngodlyOne
TheUngodlyOne

0 Credits 4 Posts
Darkened Night said:
TheUngodlyOne said:I'm sure I already know the answer to this given your response to the OP, but I figured I'd ask anyways... Would it be feasible to expand the query aggregator to allow filtering by say medals earned in a match, minimum K/D, etc...? As an example, would it be possible for me to filter out games where I prevailed unbroken, or got a reaper medal? If not, how about minimum K/D? That would allow me to find the games where I prevailed unbroken (or only had 1 death) by setting the minimum K/D to 15.

That would have to be a question I would need to ask Xorth about; the limitations for something like filtering for medals is largely dependent on his design. Would you still find such a feature valuable given that we can only recover up to 75 games that are up to 2 months into the past?

Even given the limitations, I personally believe filters would be of value and would use them myself. I'd love to see what some others think as well regarding desirable filters and if they would utilize such features.

I appreciate you looking into it, even if the answer is it's not feasible.

ChiIy
ChiIy

0 Credits 4 Posts
So is this a thing yet?

Remove Stanz Calendar