Destiny 2 Tracker Network
Destiny 2 will be temporarily offline tomorrow for scheduled maintenance. Please stay tuned to @BungieHelp for updates.
Grims Reaper
 Grims Reaper

0 Credits 4 Posts
To the powers that be

Hi, I go by the name Grims Reaper but most call me Grims. I would very much like to help out on this site as a mod and would like to know who to speak to about this.

Why do I want to be a mod? Well to be honest....mostly to stop ppl from spamming lfg chats and inform noobies on how to use forums correctly.

I have been a mod aswell as a admin and coder on other forums so I know somewhat on how forums run and am trust worthy. All I ask is a chance to do my part. As I said before I would mostly keep an eye on lfg chats as I normally have DTR on next to my TV when playing destiny.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Grims

Hey Im Swat
Hey Im Swat

436 Credits 1524 Posts
Grims Reaper said:

Hi,

I'll forward your interest to staff but generally, you have to be around a lot (ranging from months to years), be a known community person and show that you genuinely want to help people not just ban people. I don't see you around any of our websites (HaloTracker.com/DestinyTracker.com) for you to qualify for that but, you never know!

If you just want to help and support us, there are loads of ways you can do this without staff powers. This can range from sharing news, promoting our website, correctly helping users (staff and non-staff), reporting errors, suggesting updates, etc.

If your only interest is to ban people (many people want to do just that and you said that's what you want to do) then sorry, you aren't what we are looking for. Banning people is just an extra and is only used when it's seriously needed. We're aware the LFG chats are filled with spam but it's a battle that never ends. Nobody wants to be sitting around watching the chats 24/7 in their free time and if we did clamp down, there would be nobody left.

Once again, thanks for the interest and i'll pass this on. :)

Grims Reaper
 Grims Reaper

0 Credits 4 Posts
Hey Im Swat said:
Grims Reaper said:

Hi,

I'll forward your interest to staff but generally, you have to be around a lot (ranging from months to years), be a known community person and show that you genuinely want to help people not just ban people. I don't see you around any of our websites (HaloTracker.com/DestinyTracker.com) for you to qualify for that but, you never know!

If you just want to help and support us, there are loads of ways you can do this without staff powers. This can range from sharing news, promoting our website, correctly helping users (staff and non-staff), reporting errors, suggesting updates, etc.

If your only interest is to ban people (many people want to do just that and you said that's what you want to do) then sorry, you aren't what we are looking for. Banning people is just an extra and is only used when it's seriously needed. We're aware the LFG chats are filled with spam but it's a battle that never ends. Nobody wants to be sitting around watching the chats 24/7 in their free time and if we did clamp down, there would be nobody left.

Once again, thanks for the interest and i'll pass this on. :)

No I would not be only on to ban. As I stated before I would mainly monitor chats and let others know how to use forums correctly. If staff need me to help elsewhere then it should not be a problem as long as it is a moderator role.
The hashtag i put was just me showing some humor but I can understand your'e to know concern for abuse of powers. Again I have had these duties on other forums. I understand there would be other duties expected from a mod on this site and as long it is not too time consuming I can commit to it.

xorth
xorth

642 Credits 527 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Grims Reaper said:To the powers that be

Hi, I go by the name Grims Reaper but most call me Grims. I would very much like to help out on this site as a mod and would like to know who to speak to about this.

Why do I want to be a mod? Well to be honest....mostly to stop ppl from spamming lfg chats and inform noobies on how to use forums correctly.

I have been a mod aswell as a admin and coder on other forums so I know somewhat on how forums run and am trust worthy. All I ask is a chance to do my part. As I said before I would mostly keep an eye on lfg chats as I normally have DTR on next to my TV when playing destiny.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Grims

We generally choose mods based on forum credits and other services they have done to help w/ the site.