Destiny Tracker Network
Hey Im Swat
Hey Im Swat

436 Credits 1524 Posts
Hello, DestinyTracker.com community!

We use advertisements to pay for our server bills (they don't pay themselves!) but recently we're seeing reports of advertisements redirecting people to malicious websites. These are not the kind of advertisements we welcome. If you get an advertisement like this or a pop-up, please report it in this thread.

What is classified as a 'bad advertisement?'

A bad advertisement is one which is either a pop-up, redirects you to their website while browsing DTR or causes you to download something.

We kindly ask for the following information when reporting a bad advertisement:

*A screenshot of the advertisement if possible
*The URL (the long bit in the address bar)
*What device you were using when you got this bad advertisment (EG; Tablet, PC, moblie phone, etc).

Please note: Normal advertisements which are just banners or boxes and appear on DestinyTracker.com, are NOT bad advertisements. If you would like to remove these advertisements, please consider making a donation.

We are not responsible for any malicious advertisements you may receive while browsing DTR. All advertisements are provided by our advertisement provider. We have no idea what advertisements are shown which is why we kindly as users to report any malicious advertisements.

If you're unable to post in this thread, you can send a tweet to @Destinytrack providing the same info as requested above.

Thank you!

Looking for people to play other non Destiny games with? Click here!
QuiscalusMajor
QuiscalusMajor

0 Credits 5 Posts
whenever i visit any Destiny Tracker page now in Safari on my iPhone 6 i get a popup that instantly redirects me to another site. the only way i can even post this now is by having JavaScript disabled, which makes the rest of the site not work. the series of URLs is as follows:

ocs.adrocket.net
mazel.tov.club
facebook.com-lot.site

it flashes from one to the other to finally the third and stays there until i hit 'OK' to clear the ad popup, then i'm left on the fake phishing site. if i try to return to Destiny Tracker, it happens all over again. i really love what you guys do to track our activity on Destiny and i'm really irritated that your ad servers would do this to you, i'm sure it's hurting your views today -- or at least it will be from my end! :(

Hey Im Swat
Hey Im Swat

436 Credits 1524 Posts
QuiscalusMajor said:

Hi, @QuiscalusMajor

Thank you so much for the report. I will forward this to the people who provide us with advertisements to have it removed and blocked.

I apologise for the inconvenience and hope no harm came from those websites.

Bimodalrocket
Bimodalrocket

0 Credits 3 Posts
Constant redirects to:

(Edit exactly same info as Guy above... Also it's a one way trip, get stuck on the Facebook one)

Uber app on App Store and
Edit: Long link removed by staff as it broke the site layout.

Hey Im Swat
Hey Im Swat

436 Credits 1524 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Bimodalrocket said:

Thank you! This has been reported and should be removed eventually.

alienlandingarea
alienlandingarea

0 Credits 2 Posts
I just go redirected on my cellphone when I was trying to navigate on the website and had no chance to go back to the site.
Instead I got an SMS a few seconds later that informed me that I allegedly booked a service from Volatopro and they will charge me 6,99 per week via my cellphone bill - of course I never did wanted this service - I simply couldn't leave the fucking site I got redirected to.
That's just fraud!!!!
Is this your way to force people to donate money? Disgusting!!!

Hey Im Swat
Hey Im Swat

436 Credits 1524 Posts
alienlandingarea said:

Hi there, @alienlandingarea

Please provide a screenshot of the URL or the URL itself otherwise I cannot get this advertisement removed. Could you also tell me what country your from and what type of mobile phone you are using?

Please be assured that these horrible advertisements are NOT us forcing you to donate. We are not responsible for whatever the advertisements might be as these are provided by our advertisement provider so we have no idea what they will be. We do NOT force people to donate, this is totally up to the individual.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

alienlandingarea
alienlandingarea

0 Credits 2 Posts
Well I can't send u screenshots from the ad itself - I didn't screenshot it - and I don't want to try it again
but I could send you my browser history - so you can see what happend after I visited your site
And like I mentioned the service was called Volatopro
I am from Germany and I am using a HTC One

Hey Im Swat said:
alienlandingarea said:

Hi there, @alienlandingarea

Please provide a screenshot of the URL or the URL itself otherwise I cannot get this advertisement removed. Could you also tell me what country your from and what type of mobile phone you are using?

Please be assured that these horrible advertisements are NOT us forcing you to donate. We are not responsible for whatever the advertisements might be as these are provided by our advertisement provider so we have no idea what they will be. We do NOT force people to donate, this is totally up to the individual.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Hey Im Swat
Hey Im Swat

436 Credits 1524 Posts
alienlandingarea said:

Hi, @alienlandingarea

Any screenshot which shows the URL of the advertisement is fine.

Again, apologies for the inconvenience.

QuiscalusMajor
QuiscalusMajor

0 Credits 5 Posts
looks like the ad providers are up to their old tricks again. there's been a crapload of redirected URLs but here are the ones i've managed to jot down since they flash across the top of the screen so quickly (iPhone 6, Safari):

ads.loadreviews.com
apple.gift-17.com
safe-track.com
offersonlineusa.com
promotionsandsweeps.com
play.leadzu.com
bigproducts.info
tr4.pasilio.com
satrk.com
appmysrv.com
ellen1.com-winner1.online

i do hope you're able to fix it as quickly as last time, i know some folks on Reddit were talking the other day about not being able to browse DTR lately due to the malicious ads. thanks in advance for looking into this! :3

Hey Im Swat
Hey Im Swat

436 Credits 1524 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Hi, @QuiscalusMajor

Thanks for reporting these. I've sent an email off to our providers and they will ban them across their network. If you see any posts on Reddit complaining about advertisements on DestinyTracker.com, tell them to make a post here (this thread) or send a tweet to @DestinyTrack.

Thanks again.

FacTheory
FacTheory

0 Credits 4 Posts
I have been a member here since the beginning of Halo tracker and was once a donator to this site.

You guys need to change mobile ad provider IMMEDIATELY. Your site is basically unusable for me on iOS. I don't even have to click anything, I just scroll down and am immediately redirected to some stupid contest site. It appears as a popup (ads.loadreviews.com is the header )and the only option is to click OK, which takes you to some bizarre malware looking page and tells you you've won a prize. It's honestly embarrassing that a site that has been around as long as yours is infected with this kind of nonsense by your admins voluntarily. I understand server costs being what they are, but this is ridiculous. You guys should be looking for a new provider ASAP.

Manual reporting of bad URLs on this forum is not the way to fix this. I can't even imagine how many users are completely put off by this and will never return. Users that don't google the problem and find this thread to complain.

This is some bush league website administration and frankly, you guys are better than this.

QuiscalusMajor
QuiscalusMajor

0 Credits 5 Posts
@Hey Im Swat, thank you for the prompt responses! everything i reported previously seems to have been removed except that ads.loadreviews.com site, that URL completely locks up the website for me on iOS.

edit: never mind, i take that back -- managed to catch a glimpse of the following URLs just now:

g9i.sevmob.com
mobileappadvertising.xyz
tr4.pasilio.com

the third seems to be what's redirecting to that doggone ads.loadreviews.com page :(

Hey Im Swat
Hey Im Swat

436 Credits 1524 Posts
@FacTheory

Thank you for your feedback, I will discuss it with our admin.

Hey Im Swat
Hey Im Swat

436 Credits 1524 Posts
Hey, @QuiscalusMajor

I've sent off another email to our provider to have these removed from their network. I'm going to discuss our advertisement provider with our admin/site owner and creator about possibly changing our provider.

Thanks again.

QuiscalusMajor
QuiscalusMajor

0 Credits 5 Posts
haven't seen any of the 'win an iphone 6' popup-style ads that lock up the page completely since this afternoon, but now it's a different set of URLs:

go.goonmobi.com
c.mobilzcity.net
oc.adsrocket.net
webserver.strongarmcity.me

BJW
BJW

15 Credits 13 Posts
Hey Im Swat said:
QuiscalusMajor said:

Hi, @QuiscalusMajor

Thank you so much for the report. I will forward this to the people who provide us with advertisements to have it removed and blocked.

I apologise for the inconvenience and hope no harm came from those websites.

It's been 4 months since reporting these and still getting worse every time now. Not really wanting to donate to help if I have to deal with this kind of experience or hassle

Hey Im Swat
Hey Im Swat

436 Credits 1524 Posts
@oleWhiskey The problem lies with the people who provided us with ads (we have zero control over this). I've discussed this with our admin and he's given them a 30 day cancellation notice and is in the process of setting up another deal with our new advertisement provider.

You should see an improvement once our new advertisement provider takes control.

Again, I apologise for the inconvenience these advertisements are providing.

DR Ment0r
DR Ment0r

0 Credits 1 Posts
I love this website and I have always used this website to check my destiny stats but recently I have been getting redirected constantly and it makes this website unmanageable and Unenjoyable. It's constant and won't work unless I have Java disabled which makes this site useless.

Every time the url changes so I cannot give you an exact link but it's a website that asks you to spin a wheel which will tell you you've won an iPhone or Apple Watch etc.

Please fix this because it has become impossible to use this site. I had to re-enter this page 4 time jut to make this post because I kept getting redirected.

I am currently using my iPad to view this. This problem is the same on my iPhone as well

Hey Im Swat
Hey Im Swat

436 Credits 1524 Posts
@iMent0r

As I stated above:
The problem lies with the people who provided us with ads (we have zero control over this). I've discussed this with our admin and he's given them a 30 day cancellation notice and is in the process of setting up another deal with our new advertisement provider.

You should see an improvement once our new advertisement provider takes control.

This is being looked into and improved.

Remove Stanz Calendar