Destiny 2 Tracker Network
FacTheory
FacTheory

0 Credits 4 Posts
Any chance that DTR can parse the DNF data and get rates at which players quit games? I would love to see a percentage for this stat.

Hey Im Swat
Hey Im Swat

436 Credits 1524 Posts
@FacTheory

Even if we could provide such data, it would be highly flawed. This is because quits are shown as a 'DNF' (Did Not Finish) and so are games where the player was removed due to a connection error (not actually quitting). It is possible but it would not be accurate to actual quits.

FacTheory
FacTheory

0 Credits 4 Posts
Hey Im Swat said:@FacTheory

Even if we could provide such data, it would be highly flawed. This is because quits are shown as a 'DNF' (Did Not Finish) and so are games where the player was removed due to a connection error (not actually quitting). It is possible but it would not be accurate to actual quits.

I still think it would be a very telling stat that would speak to quit rates way more than it would people with awful connections. Legit disconnects are outliers and over the course of thousands of games would be dwarfed by the actual voluntary quitting that is so rampant in this game. I think the data would be considerably more accurate and revealing than you're supposing, but I won't argue further if you guys have no interest in pursuing it.

Arcxk
Arcxk

11 Credits 5 Posts
Not only that, all of the top tier trials players would have high quit rates since they leave the match early to save ~30 seconds between matches.

FacTheory
FacTheory

0 Credits 4 Posts
Arcxk said:Not only that, all of the top tier trials players would have high quit rates since they leave the match early to save ~30 seconds between matches.

I forgot those show as DNF. You're right that would ruin it. Damn.