Destiny 2 Tracker Network
DADI0LA
DADI0LA

0 Credits 2 Posts
I am a solo player and currently am ranked #1 in supremacy for dtr score and either #1 or #2 in a bunch of other supremacy stats. Is there some way of having these join in progress matches not affect my score so much? If not, is it better to stay in these already decided matches and take a loss or should I just keep quitting out of them like I usually do.

I played around 50 matches the other day and ending up with a negative dtr score for the day due to being put into so many losing JIP matches that I quit out of as soon as I landed. I probably went around 20-5 in the matches that I actually played with a k/d of around 4x. In my opinion the day shouldn't have ended with a negative dtr score. With the declining population in the playlist I keep seeing more and more JIP matches......

Hey Im Swat
Hey Im Swat

436 Credits 1518 Posts
DADI0LA said: Is there some way of having these join in progress matches not affect my score so much?

Hey, @DADI0LA

As we have no way of knowing the difference between a fresh and a join in progress game, we cannot do that.

Sorry.

People still play this pile of shit?
DADI0LA
DADI0LA

0 Credits 2 Posts
Apparently you have the ability.....below is destinytrackers explanation as to how it treats JIP games in regards to elo.

Join In Progress

Join in progress is a major issue, particularly for players who prefer to play solo (or Rumble). To prevent players from taking heavy losses due to Join In Progress matches that are already decided for them, a threshold protects the Elo rating of late joining players. Players who join a match more than a quarter of the way through will have his/her Elo be unaffected by a loss (for the purposes of the formula listed above, joining past the threshold returns a 0 for JoinInProgressPercent). Due to the nature of Rumble, there is no quit threshold for join in progress matches. Instead, no points will be deducted if a player joins a match in progress where they would lose Elo for their standing.

For late joining players that win their match, Elo points are awarded proportionately to the time that was spent in the match. A player who joins during the last quarter of the game, who would have normally received 10 points to Elo, will only receive 2.5 as they were not present for the entire match. This encourages played to stick out their matches, even if they join a match in progress. Partial points are not awarded in Rumble matches. Guardians who earn Elo in a Join In Progress match will earn full credit for their placement.