Destiny 2 Tracker Network
We are actively investigating issues impacting all Destiny services. Until resolved, some Destiny and Bungie.net services may experience disruptions. Please stay tuned to @BungieHelp for updates.
KissellJ
KissellJ

0 Credits 3 Posts
So, I was on a 25 win streak in Trials, I'd won 100% of my last 25 games playing with a few different teams. And I was only getting +1 and often +0 ELO for my wins... no problem, they were easy teams.

But then we lost a game, and I lost -78 ELO. But I was a platnium... meanwhile, the guy on our team with really high diamond rating, lost less ELO than I did for the loss of that game.

This has happened time and time again... I lose more ELO for the loss than higher ranked players in the fireteam lose for the same loss.

Something is wrong with the ELO calculations on this site. The guy who has 600 more ELO than me, should be losing a lot more ELO for the loss than me, not less. Yet this happens over and over again. It's clearly bugged. It's impossible for me to gain any ELO, yet a single loss when I'm not even diamond can knock me back almost a hundred points.

KissellJ
KissellJ

0 Credits 3 Posts
Also, the teams we're losing to, have a higher percentage win chance than we do, they're better teams, yet I'm still losing a ton of ELO on a loss, that is broken too, you shouldn't lose much if the team is better than you, you should only lose a lot when the team is worse.

Viles_BR
Viles_BR

0 Credits 1 Posts
Agreed. The games I get decimated I'll lose between 50-80 elo. Like last night during trials. My elo was 1780 and my buddies was 2560. I lost nearly 80 points while he only lost 50. Gaining elo needs to be fixed as well. Went from 1710 to 1745 while on a win streak (11 games) that's about 4 elo per game but not every game where I did exceptional did I get any extra than my normal average. If you shut out a team you should get a little bit of a bonus. Elo is grindy at this point.

KissellJ
KissellJ

0 Credits 3 Posts
It's not just grindy, this website's ELO calculator is broken. You're supposed to get points as a team based on how good or bad the other team's average ELO was. Never should someone with higher ELO on your team get less points taken away for a loss than you, and never should losing to a team better than you cause you to lose a ton of ELO. Both those things are happening all the time right now.