Destiny 2 Tracker Network
#pve  #stats 

This thread is closed

LightningSt0rm
LightningSt0rm

11 Credits 2 Posts
8 Credit(s) Received
I do not understand what I'm looking at when looking at the "PvE Activities" section. It doesn't make sense.

1. Why is Strike listed 3 times and Story twice? What's the difference between them?
2. The Patrol section lists all 4 patrol areas, this makes sense, but the "Games" count shows 0 for all of them even though I've gone to all of them multiple times. Additionally the Strike and Story sections repeat some of them (also with wonky game counts).
3. Why are Crucible items listed here? Isn't that PvP, not PvE?
4. What exactly is the "Ghosts Found" stat? I assumed it was the number of dead ghosts found during that mission, except that those crucible ones have this too, and I know for a fact I've never found a dead ghost in crucible, and I know I've found several during patrol missions but those all say 0.
5. Also is it possible that these ghosts found values (assuming they're the dead ghosts) can overlap and if I simply added them all up it would overstate how many I've found. For example: say I found a ghost in an area that you can get to from patrol, story, and strike, each time I start one of those is it just counting all ghosts I've ever found in an area, or is it counting only the ghosts I specifically picked up during that specific game? This, I ask, because when I did add up the ghosts count it was far higher than I expected.
6. Can I see somewhere the total number of dead ghosts I've found across all areas (though ideally I'd like to see it broken down by planet, or even area on a planet, but total overall is good for now.)

In general the PvE status section seems to need a massive overhaul for clarity and accuracy.

TheBigL
TheBigL

251 Credits 504 Posts
LightningSt0rm said:I do not understand what I'm looking at when looking at the "PvE Activities" section. It doesn't make sense.

1. Why is Strike listed 3 times and Story twice? What's the difference between them?
2. The Patrol section lists all 4 patrol areas, this makes sense, but the "Games" count shows 0 for all of them even though I've gone to all of them multiple times. Additionally the Strike and Story sections repeat some of them (also with wonky game counts).
4. What exactly is the "Ghosts Found" stat? I assumed it was the number of dead ghosts found during that mission, except that those crucible ones have this too, and I know for a fact I've never found a dead ghost in crucible, and I know I've found several during patrol missions but those all say 0.
5. Also is it possible that these ghosts found values (assuming they're the dead ghosts) can overlap and if I simply added them all up it would overstate how many I've found. For example: say I found a ghost in an area that you can get to from patrol, story, and strike, each time I start one of those is it just counting all ghosts I've ever found in an area, or is it counting only the ghosts I specifically picked up during that specific game? This, I ask, because when I did add up the ghosts count it was far higher than I expected.
6. Can I see somewhere the total number of dead ghosts I've found across all areas (though ideally I'd like to see it broken down by planet, or even area on a planet, but total overall is good for now.)

In general the PvE status section seems to need a massive overhaul for clarity and accuracy.

Thanks for the post. I do have some information for you regarding why some tabs are duplicated and others aren't.
Strike is listed 3 times as one is Strike Playlist, one Mission Strikes (as you play through the campaign), and the last one is I believe the weekly heroic Strike.
This is also applied to the 2 story tabs: one is actual story missions as you play campaign, and the other is the daily story challenges. These need to be titled more accurately and noticeably.

Regarding item 2 in your list, I will have to pass that on to the coder and let him know that some stats appear to not be connected to a source.
Item 3: Yea, some of these Crucible stats should probably be split out into a PvP Details area.
Item 4: Ghosts found should be dead Ghosts as you assumed. Bungie may have changed some code in their API and it is no longer linked. I will have to check on that,
Item 5: Not sure, I will have to look into this further once item 4 is corrected.
Item 6: Good idea, I will bring it up.

Please bear with us while we fix things up. There were some issues with PvP stats over the last few days that needed fixing (and are now fixed). Please continue to post any issues you may find as well as suggestions. Thanks!

-L

xorth
xorth

642 Credits 527 Posts
LightningSt0rm said:I do not understand what I'm looking at when looking at the "PvE Activities" section. It doesn't make sense.

Thanks for posting, I rely on posts like these to make the site better, especially in areas where I am not an expert, and I know very little about PvE. I'll look into these and make some changes.

LightningSt0rm
LightningSt0rm

11 Credits 2 Posts
3 Credit(s) Received
Thanks a lot guys (or gals) for the responses. I look forward to what you can do to clarify these, this site is amazing!

This thread is closed