Destiny 2 Tracker Network
Sengir79
Sengir79

273 Credits 201 Posts
19 Credit(s) Received

For those of you who like to avoid certain missions while on patrol, here is a quick guide so you can do only the missions you prefer.

KILL MISSION
Kill a particular amount of enemies (amount of enemies can vary)

ITEM MISSION
Collect item drops from specific enemies (number of items varies by type)

VIP MISSION
Go to the designated area and kill a specific target (Usually a yellow bar enemy or minor boss)

SURVEY MISSION
Go to the designated area and stand where the mission marker dictates until the survey is complete

SCAN MISSION
Go to the designated area and scan it with your ghost

All missions will give 10 rep (12 with Nightfall bonus active) for whichever faction you represent at the time of completion except for VIP, which will give 25 rep (31 with Nightfall bonus active)

It is also worthy to note that completion of 50 VIP missions (across all characters) will grant a bonus to "resources" for finishing patrol missions, though it is unclear what these "resources" are
This bonus was removed a couple of weeks back

Info gathered from Here
Images created by /u/Gozumaki

The Traveler
The Traveler

30 Credits 198 Posts
This post was promoted to the homepage as news! Congratulations. Reputation points were given to OP for their great post.

Chris Steward
Chris Steward

1 Credits 1 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
I was wondering if this bonus is still a thing because its no longer on the Grimoire card. I saw it before was looking forward to it, but that bonus is gone now.

irCuBiC
irCuBiC

0 Credits 1 Posts
This post is taken more or less in full (with some minor rewriting and additions) from my original work over at reddit. I can tell this because it very faithfully includes two very particular errors, one which refers to information no longer even present in the game:

1. That VIP missions give you primarily yellow health bar enemies. At the time I thought that was the case, and never had the chance to update my image. The reality is that in general the enemy is typically a "high rank" red health enemy (a "Rite" wizard, a "Spy" shank, a "Survey boss", or others. Rarely, there will be a minor boss which will have yellow health. So far I have only observed this on Earth, where you sometimes will fight an Archon)
2. That doing a certain amount of VIP missions gives you a bonus. This info is woefully out of date as the "bonus" text was removed from the grimoire cards some weeks back (as mentioned in the previous post), and was seemingly just an accidental leftover from a feature that never worked or was never included in the first place. There never was a bonus (as was indicated to me on reddit afterwards, but again, never got around to fixing it as I didn't think people would keep going back :)).

Personally, I don't mind the use of my info (crediting me would be nice though), after all I don't own the information about how patrol missions work in the game , but I feel like I have a responsibility to ensure it is correct. :) What does bother me slightly is the more or less copy-paste of /u/Gozumaki's icons from their prettier image , which is technically copyright infringement unless permission has been explicitly given. Now, I can't know if they have given permission or not, and it's not really my business to make claims on their behalf (I did notify them though), but I figured I should at least point it out.

Sengir79
Sengir79

273 Credits 201 Posts
irCuBiC said:This post is taken more or less in full (with some minor rewriting and additions) from my original work over at reddit. I can tell this because it very faithfully includes two very particular errors, one which refers to information no longer even present in the game:

1. That VIP missions give you primarily yellow health bar enemies. At the time I thought that was the case, and never had the chance to update my image. The reality is that in general the enemy is typically a "high rank" red health enemy (a "Rite" wizard, a "Spy" shank, a "Survey boss", or others. Rarely, there will be a minor boss which will have yellow health. So far I have only observed this on Earth, where you sometimes will fight an Archon)
2. That doing a certain amount of VIP missions gives you a bonus. This info is woefully out of date as the "bonus" text was removed from the grimoire cards some weeks back (as mentioned in the previous post), and was seemingly just an accidental leftover from a feature that never worked or was never included in the first place. There never was a bonus (as was indicated to me on reddit afterwards, but again, never got around to fixing it as I didn't think people would keep going back :)).

Personally, I don't mind the use of my info (crediting me would be nice though), after all I don't own the information about how patrol missions work in the game , but I feel like I have a responsibility to ensure it is correct. :) What does bother me slightly is the more or less copy-paste of /u/Gozumaki's icons from their prettier image , which is technically copyright infringement unless permission has been explicitly given. Now, I can't know if they have given permission or not, and it's not really my business to make claims on their behalf (I did notify them though), but I figured I should at least point it out.

I found the icons as separate images online, (though don't ask me where, I was in a rush) If they are taken from someone elses work then no indication was given at the time. As for the information about VIP kills, I was aware of the information already (though now outdated) . Until I read this I was totally unaware of your post or the image in question. And in my experience I usually find yellow bar enemies on VIP missions so maybe I've just been lucky.

However, I will amend the post and include credit for yourself and the original creator of the icons and make note of the error.

enaz32
enaz32

0 Credits 1 Posts
What does it mean when you get the mission and the icon is yellow?

MarzKorj
MarzKorj

0 Credits 1 Posts
For the "bonus", I have discovered that loot chests in that area have a greater chance to drop additional resources, special ammo synths, and green items. This is dependant on the Grimoire card level for the said area (i.e. Old Russia) which each node drops additional material. I collect 2 from each spin metal node. However, the bonus is applied to loot chests in that area where I get alot more material, glimmer, and ammo synths.

inCognito
inCognito

20 Credits 7 Posts
Didn't know they had meaning. Now i know.