Was Destiny on your Christmas List? Here’s 5 quick tips if you are just starting out.
- Light level - an incredibly important measure of your offensive and defensive capabilities. A quick way to level up is through the purchase of a spark of light which boosts you up. Different combinations of weaponry and armor contribute to the light level, and the higher your level the more difficult the mission you can undertake.
- Destiny can be hard solo…but it’s amazing with a fire team. Be sure to join friends or make new ones. Destiny has a great community and player base supporting it!
- Pick the right class for your play style - Titan takes lots of damage but moves slower, Hunter is stealthy and agile but can’t withstand a lot of damage and Warlock regenerates health quickly and specializes in magic. You can have up to 3 active characters at one time
- Aim for the head - headshots deal significantly more damage than body shots and are essential in bringing down the big bad guys. Also, grenades, melee and super attacks (once charged) deal a lot of damage so don’t just focus on shooting only!
- Loot, loot, loot - always pick up everything shiny you see. Enemies drop plenty of loot and bosses drop the best stuff. Explore the map for loot chests - you never know what you’ll find!
Be sure to keep an eye on your stats to know how you measure up!
By Stephen Hatez