Destiny 2 Tracker Network
Shane King
Shane King

6 Credits 6 Posts
6 Credit(s) Received
The basis of this post is to sum up my opinions and feedback of the current system DTR uses. Currently Destiny Tracker is the most effective and rewarding site that gives any meaning to PvP in general. Without it, the meaning of PvP comes down to collecting medals, your crucible rank, and whatever stats that are provided from Bungie's website. This being said I have concerns about how various aspects of this system work. Looking over stats comparatively with true skill I see some differences that have been posted from other users. Overall it works over the course of so many games, but after a while there is a point where the math used to calculate one's true skill falls off. This can be seen with anyone who has more than 500+ games. To keep this simple I am going to jump to what I think should be done.

We need to separate or add a season based ranking of true skill and pvp stats in general. I personally only took interest in PvP half way through my stats. This in mind it has made it ten times harder to get anywhere close to where I feel I should be. Yes it is my fault for not taking PvP serious in the beginning and only focusing solely on bounties, but I think this should not be a permanent thing. Opinions on the suggestion of adding seasons?
xorth
xorth

644 Credits 527 Posts
Shane King said:The basis of this post is to sum up my opinions and feedback of the current system DTR uses. Currently Destiny Tracker is the most effective and rewarding site that gives any meaning to PvP in general. Without it, the meaning of PvP comes down to collecting medals, your crucible rank, and whatever stats that are provided from Bungie's website. This being said I have concerns about how various aspects of this system work. Looking over stats comparatively with true skill I see some differences that have been posted from other users. Overall it works over the course of so many games, but after a while there is a point where the math used to calculate one's true skill falls off. This can be seen with anyone who has more than 500+ games. To keep this simple I am going to jump to what I think should be done.

We need to separate or add a season based ranking of true skill and pvp stats in general. I personally only took interest in PvP half way through my stats. This in mind it has made it ten times harder to get anywhere close to where I feel I should be. Yes it is my fault for not taking PvP serious in the beginning and only focusing solely on bounties, but I think this should not be a permanent thing. Opinions on the suggestion of adding seasons?

It's something we will try in the future, I'm sure. But for now, you just need to find a good team and win win win. Thank you for the request. It's a big request, so I can't make any immediate promises, but it sounds like something we will eventually get to. Destiny has 9 more years left, so we got plenty of time.