Destiny 2 Tracker Network
DELETED
DELETED

0 Credits 230 Posts
12 Credit(s) Received
Today we have a Q&A with the first player on our leaderboards to attain a 50 trueskill in every crucible playlist, MrPavilion!

What character (and subclass) do you use mostly in crucible and why?

Before I say anything, I would like to say Thank You to the DestinyTracker staff for helping me and the community with Statistics and Updates for the crucible!

I use the Hunter (Gunslinger) in the crucible mostly because, I feel that all other players stand no chance for my Golden Gun! Also, because unless you're a Titan, if you use your super, I can counter it tenfold with combustion! Also, blink shotgunners won't be able to touch me and my Triple-jump Judgment Combo!

What controller settings do you use?

I use default for stick layout, jumper for button layout and I like a high sensitivity so I would go for 6-9! I have auto-look centering on so I can run and be ready for anything in my way and with vibration on! I don't know if you know this, but for around 3 months which it took for me to grind some of the playlist's, I've been playing with a broken controller so sometimes it would shut off during matches, the buttons wouldn't work/delay and my right trigger doesn't work so I swap Bumpers for Triggers. Yup. Nothing unusual. What? You've never seen a guy who shoots with RB and aims with LB? Also not being able to throw grenades? I have been held back from my True form for so long I can't remember the last time I hit a guardian with a grenade. :(

Do you stream at all?

No, my horrible internet holds me back from that. :( Also being camera shy.

How does it feel to be the first player to get a trueskill 50 in every playlist?

It feels amazing knowing that I used to look up to someone who I thought I would never be able to catch up to but worked hard everyday playing alongside my peers and now I have surpassed everyone! Muahahaha!

Do you feel our leader boards contribute towards the growth and awareness of yourself as a player?

I have always wanted to pass people in the Top 10 once I got there so being high on the leaderboards always helped me keep the right mindset while playing with friends.

What is your weapon setup and why do you use it?

I mostly use hand cannons due to the high impact it can deal, but pulse rifles have also been my top favorites! For hand cannons, I would prefer to use The Devil You Know because of the perks I have and my Judgment VI. As for a heavy weapon, I would use a Zombie Apocalypse WF47 or my Radegast's Fury! Having a proximity launcher around is always a satisfying feeling.

What top 3 tips would you share with the rest of us?

The first of the most important strategies to use in PvP is to always predict your enemy's move. Knowing what your enemy will do beforehand will always keep you one step forward giving you an advantage. The second will be to play passive at most times when you see an enemy. To think of what you will do and how it will turn out before acting will improve your timing and charging. The last of most Crucible tips will be to not put too much faith in your radar! Instead, predict the enemy's movements and go around it!

What other games do you play?

I primarily play shooters, but Destiny gave me a mix of varieties to play! I am looking forward to playing other RPG games in the future! Star Wars is a personal favorite! I remember when I used to play Battlefront II all day playing story missions and just messing around in them!

Do you feel the need to maintain your 50s or are you not worried now that you have achieved them?

I am going to keep track of my stats and TrueSkill as well. I can't stay fully satisfied having all 50's. I must maintain them as well.

How would you change any of the playlists if it were up to you

For one, I would take Radar, Supers, Ammo Crates and Heavy away from Rumble. I feel like it would be a challenge to kill enemies to gain ammo and just plain shooting with "gun skill" -shesmynerd, and not just walk around picking up ammo crates from the floor. Also I would like to really on my Killer Instincts rather than radar all the time. In Team Doubles, I think it would be cool if there was no Heavy Ammo, and an objective so that the players have one more thing to worry about.

What keeps you motivated to keep playing Crucible?

The fact that I can use a different variety of weapons for different situations keeps me going to play Crucible. I mean, you never know when you're going to get a Seventh Column of Pro Revivers! ;) And also kicking ass. Yes, that is a very important part of me playing Crucible.

This is the internet and anyone becoming known via the internet will be ‘trolled’ and receive unjustified hate, how do you handle this?

I like to get a little LuLz from my daily Crucible grind. It encourages me to know that i am doing something right! #madbru

And finally, would you like to give a shout out to anyone?

I would like to give some thanks to the following people. Without their support, I couldn't have achieved this milestone!
Gory Figment
Cimbol
Baconators Live
I would also like to give a special thanks to "God Squad"! They are a team of no comparison. #cak
I would also like to give a big thanks to the clan in which I am currently in, "Void"! I rose from the bottom and made it to the top with these guys. They are some of the best players in PVP and took me under their wing. *sniff sniff*

I would like to say Thank You one more time to all my friends who helped me through the adventure and to the DestinyTracker community and Staff for being awesome! Check out my YouTube Channel where I'm going to be uploading gameplay of some of my best moment's in the Crucible! http://youtube.com/user/TheMrpavilion1234567
I might stream soon so keep up to date with my gameplay! Follow Here: http://twitch.tv/Xx_______xxttg

I also watch ALOT of anime and love to play Pokemon! Longboarding is something I love doing also!
Thank You once again DestinyTracker and to all my friends who made this day come true!
See you later Guardians, and if you see me in the Crucible, plz dnT teAbAg!

Our thanks to MrPavilion for making the time to speak with us!
The Traveler
The Traveler

30 Credits 198 Posts
This post was promoted to the homepage as news! Congratulations. Reputation points were given to OP for their great post.
DiffizzIe
DiffizzIe

20 Credits 18 Posts
4 Credit(s) Received
:)