Love the site? Show us love
Learn More Donate

This thread is closed

nullieflip
nullieflip

0 Credits 3 Posts
Hello DTR,

First of all, great site!

I think* I am running into an issue with my DTR Crucible Trueskill Rank (maybe not, you can tell me). The True Skill History shows only 90 games added, but I have 563 games played. I checked a friend's, and his True Skill History count and Games Played count is much closer (and his rank is much higher).

If I am really just a scrub with a rank 9 skill just let me know ;)

Thanks,
Nullieflip
DELETED
DELETED

0 Credits 251 Posts
It shows the right amount of games.

DTR trueskill is mostly earned by winning and you only have a 47% win rate in control which would most likely account for your low rank.

Just win more consistently and your trueskill will rise.
nullieflip
nullieflip

0 Credits 3 Posts
Sengir79 said:It shows the right amount of games.

DTR trueskill is mostly earned by winning and you only have a 47% win rate in control which would most likely account for your low rank.

Just win more consistently and your trueskill will rise.

Thanks for the reply Sengir. Check out my friend boshobot (psn), he has a slightly lower win percentage, but a DTR Crucible Skill Rank of 42. If you scroll down you can see that 748 games were "added" into the DTR Crucible Skill History. I assume the amount of games played also has some effect on rank?
DELETED
DELETED

0 Credits 251 Posts
It can do, but when you first sign up our system also "guesses" what your trueskill would be based on the stats when you first collect them. If you had an incomplete collection at first which sounds like the case is has only those first 90 games to base your rank off of resulting in the 9 you have.

I'll have Xorth look into it and see if he can straighten it out for you.
nullieflip
nullieflip

0 Credits 3 Posts
Thanks Sengir, appreciate the help and insight!
xorth
xorth

644 Credits 527 Posts
nullieflip said:Thanks Sengir, appreciate the help and insight!

I think it's fine. Your first time here collecting, we rank you on your prior games, but we dont put in your history "400 games". So then the next time you come, we tell you how many games you played, then what your new rank is. So you played 64 games then 19. Please update more often and let me know if you have any issues, the rank should continue to move around. Try to win more w/ a team to make it go up faster.
Sorensenator
Sorensenator

0 Credits 3 Posts
Seriously flawed system. If you play solo and get a good score your first game out then it puts the crappy players on your team the next game. I have often put up scores of over 5000 in control and my team still loses.

True skill should be based on the individual.
Hi Im Swat
Hi Im Swat

438 Credits 1521 Posts
Sorensenator said: it puts the crappy players on your team the next game.

We are NOT Bungie. Please go to Bungie.net and whine to them about crappy players.
Sorensenator
Sorensenator

0 Credits 3 Posts
Hey Im Swat said:

We are NOT Bungie. Please go to Bungie.net and whine to them about crappy players.

Yeah well you base your ranking system on the game bungie created and their matchmaking system so I think it applies to you. There is nothing anyone can do about getting paired with crappy players but there IS something you can do with your ranking system based on how the individual performs.

You think it's fair when someone goes 36-6 in control but their team dogs it with scores like 4-16 etc and your team still loses the game despite how well one player performed?

Theoretically one could have a 3.0 KD and average 6000 score per game but is always paired with noobs for balancing so their DTR score down, how does that make sense?

I'm not saying this just applies to me I am just pointing out the flaw in your ranking system.
DELETED
DELETED

0 Credits 251 Posts
Sorensenator said:
Hey Im Swat said:

Yeah well you base your ranking system on the game bungie created and their matchmaking system so I think it applies to you. There is nothing anyone can do about getting paired with crappy players but there IS something you can do with your ranking system based on how the individual performs.

You think it's fair when someone goes 36-6 in control but their team dogs it with scores like 4-16 etc and your team still loses the game despite how well one player performed?

Theoretically one could have a 3.0 KD and average 6000 score per game but is always paired with noobs for balancing so their DTR score down, how does that make sense?

I'm not saying this just applies to me I am just pointing out the flaw in your ranking system.

DTR score IS individually calculated, if you do well your score will increase no matter how bad your teammates are.

DTR trueskill on the other hand is mostly based on winning, but so is EVERY other trueskill system.

This thread is closed