Destiny 2 Tracker Network
MKerrsive
MKerrsive

19 Credits 8 Posts
3 Credit(s) Received
I need the Destiny Tracker team to help me complete something that's been on my mind lately, and I was hoping one of the powers-that-be at the site might be able to help me in my quest.

I have been tracking Crucible statistics for well over two weeks now, and I hope to make an in-depth, far-reaching study of Crucible kills by weapon type. A hardcore PVP player myself, it always has been a topic of discussion about what weapons are doing the most work in the Crucible. Moreover, the percentage of kills by each class seems to be the driving force behind any and all changes Bungie makes to the Crucible, so I want to know if the numbers jive with Bungie's explanations.

But I need the help of DTR. Sadly, I came up with my idea far too late into the game, and I have no ability to pull the data I need. My methodology is simple: I take each day's total Crucible kills stat on the population data page and subtract each subsequent day from the prior day to get that day's kills by class. I've scoured high and low for cached pages, but I have only found a couple. What I'm asking for: some kind of way to see/know Crucible kill counts from prior weeks (if I could find every Tuesday as far back as possible, awesome). My research comes full with charts and diagrams to make visual representation of what I have found (the spreadsheet I have devised is a little dense for conversation).

What I am aiming to do is to bring some transparency to the Crucible weapons debates, and the DTR crew can definitely help me do this. If someone running the show would contact me, I have a few ideas to share that I don't feel comfortable posting here. Let me know what you guys think. I'll do all the work if DTR can give me some figures.
TheBigL
TheBigL

252 Credits 504 Posts
MKerrsive said:I need the Destiny Tracker team to help me complete something that's been on my mind lately, and I was hoping one of the powers-that-be at the site might be able to help me in my quest.

I have been tracking Crucible statistics for well over two weeks now, and I hope to make an in-depth, far-reaching study of Crucible kills by weapon type. A hardcore PVP player myself, it always has been a topic of discussion about what weapons are doing the most work in the Crucible. Moreover, the percentage of kills by each class seems to be the driving force behind any and all changes Bungie makes to the Crucible, so I want to know if the numbers jive with Bungie's explanations.

But I need the help of DTR. Sadly, I came up with my idea far too late into the game, and I have no ability to pull the data I need. My methodology is simple: I take each day's total Crucible kills stat on the population data page and subtract each subsequent day from the prior day to get that day's kills by class. I've scoured high and low for cached pages, but I have only found a couple. What I'm asking for: some kind of way to see/know Crucible kill counts from prior weeks (if I could find every Tuesday as far back as possible, awesome). My research comes full with charts and diagrams to make visual representation of what I have found (the spreadsheet I have devised is a little dense for conversation).

What I am aiming to do is to bring some transparency to the Crucible weapons debates, and the DTR crew can definitely help me do this. If someone running the show would contact me, I have a few ideas to share that I don't feel comfortable posting here. Let me know what you guys think. I'll do all the work if DTR can give me some figures.

I'll grab Xorth's attention and point him toward this page. He is the one that would be able to tell you if we have the information you seek. Best of luck!