Destiny 2 Tracker Network
Love the site? Show us love
Learn More Donate

This thread is closed

MVPresident
MVPresident

0 Credits 3 Posts
Hi everybody,

since i haven't found the option to report a player, i would like to ask here if its possible to remove players from the leaderboards who are doing the bubbles glitch in PvP? Its a pretty bad way to boost your stats and i think thats against the meaning of a leaderboard. Maybe its fun for a couple of games, but guys who are doing this over and over again shouldn't be a part of any leaderboard in my opinion.

I haven't thought about this game exploit too much, till i saw "Wish You Luck" doing this yesterday during his stream. He did it in a super annoying way. He just invited some zombies who would build bubbles non-stop and whenever they left their bubbles he screamed "stay in the bubble, stay in the bubble". I have added the relevant stream [1].

Since i thought Destinytracker is a good website to compare your stats with other players, i'm not sure about this matter anymore. I would like to see guys like "Wish You Luck" beeing removed from all leaderboards or alternatively i would ask for the deletion of my own account.

Maybe it seems to be a minor issue for the majority, but i simply hate cheating and would like to not be mentioned with these cheaters in the leaderboards. Every leaderboard should reflect the true skill and real accomplishments.

Thanks in advance!

[1] http://www.twitch.tv/wishyouluckk/v/4816985
Hello Im Swat
Hello Im Swat

438 Credits 1521 Posts
You would be better off reporting the glitch to Bungie as we do not ban players. Even if we did, we wouldn't ban them for using glitches as those can be fixed by Bungie and there's no way for us to detect such.

You can report the glitch to Bungie here.

In my opinion; if people want to boost to show off their stats which mean nothing, leave them to it. Just enjoy the game. Stats/leaderboards are just for fun, people need to learn to not take those things so seriously .
MVPresident
MVPresident

0 Credits 3 Posts
Thanks for the answer, first!

Its not too easy to detect, thats true. But i guess some cases are perfectly clear and some action should/could be done then. Its pretty obvious, that "Wish You Luck" is not playing in a legit way here. He calls himself "Rank 1 PvP", but is acting like a douche, especially as he's laughing at the guys in the other team while using his golden gun over and over again and cowardly hiding in the bubbles when failing.

The leaderboards should be clean and i'm asking you about the view of Destiny Tracker then. Is it possible to compare stats, if some guys are boosting their stats in a non-legit way?

It was possible to match ranked games in Halo against friends. Thats a game bug as well, but it was possible to report these players and they were removed from the leaderboards at Halo Tracker.
Hello Im Swat
Hello Im Swat

438 Credits 1521 Posts
MVPresident said:

It was possible to match ranked games in Halo against friends. Thats a game bug as well, but it was possible to report these players and they were removed from the leaderboards at Halo Tracker.

That wasn't a bug just abusing a feature.

I'm not staff but the staff have said if there is sufficient evidence of people boosting, they will see about setting up a leaderboard banning group. I'll get a member of staff to look at this thread for you!

Calling, @Xorth @TheBigL, @Sengir79
MVPresident
MVPresident

0 Credits 3 Posts
Thank you very much for your effort!

Hello Im Swat
Hello Im Swat

438 Credits 1521 Posts
MVPresident said:

No problem. I hope you get the result you're looking for. It could be awhile before a member of staff replies as it's early or late in some places but they will reply eventually.

Have a good day :)
Sengir79
Sengir79

273 Credits 200 Posts
Unfortunately, Bungie will not ban anyone for doing this. Although it's extremely cheap they are not using an exploit as such, they are simply using Ward of Dawn as it was designed to their maximum benefit.

It is possible that Bungie may nerf the ability in a later update but they are technically not doing anything wrong.

This thread is closed