Destiny 2 Tracker Network
Code-096
Code-096

5 Credits 6 Posts
I've been having trouble when using my old Astro A40s wired direct to the controller... Normally it's fine but sometime audio drops and controller becomes unresponsive for a second or two. I'm going to try a USB headset and see if the decrease in data being sent to and from the controller will reduce the issues with my controller losing connection.

If anyone has had this problem and knows what is wrong or how to fix it please PM me.

I want your opinions on what headsets are worth considering, should be avoided, or are OK. Personally I'm interested in a wired set (for reliability) but If you have a wireless set, please share your experiences because I'm sure others readers will appreciate it.
importfanatic23
importfanatic23

1 Credits 8 Posts
Turtle Beach

These headsets are great, I have a pair of Turtle Beach's for my XB1 and I plan on getting them for my PS4 very soon.

AfterGlow 5.1 Surround Sound

These are what I currently have for my PS4 (mine are a year old so not exactly the same) and I love them but they have gone up in price and I am getting to where I prefer the wired headsets.
Destinypro77
Destinypro77

0 Credits 3 Posts
Turtle Beach ftw!
Code-096
Code-096

5 Credits 6 Posts
I've used 2 Turtle Beach headsets in the past. The corded model I used on the 360 was a basic stereo set. It was ok, but I wanted 5.1 surround visualization so I bought a wireless model and it was horrible... I hate wireless because I get interference. (probably my location or something)... I ended up going with Astro A40's and they where great until I got the PS4.

I've also tried a glowing product in the past but that didn't last long... who wants to see a light reflected in there display? I am all about performance and comfort, I could careless about lights and looks.

Just recently I bought a PlayStation Silver headset. The sound was ok but they are uncomfortable... they squeeze my head too much and they make my ears hot. The mesh ear cushion might look cool at first but the material irritates my skin.

I ended up plugging my A40 headset into the USB dongle that came with the headset and have been using it with both my PS4 and PC.

Even this ancient A40 of mine's mic produces higher quality recordings than the silver headset, the build quality is far better, and it is more comfortable. The audio sounds a little better on the silver but that is likely due to the amount of use my A40's have gone through.

The silver usb dongle produces VSS on PS4 with no hassle, but you need to use software on the PC otherwise you just get standard stereo.

I'm using Razer Surround for this and it sounds awesome.
Runswithduck
Runswithduck

12 Credits 32 Posts
Turtle beaches have always been a comfort thing with me anytime I wear them more than a hour my head starts to hurt. I had some ps4 gold wireless set. the sound was great comfort even better but they will only last you for 6 months or so. In my opinion you will get what you pay for. if you only want to drop 80-100 bucks on a headset than don't expect anything great. I finally dropped 300 bones on the Astros A50s, and they are great. they are by far the most comfortable headset I have owned to date the sound is awesome and being wireless is a plus for me since I have small kids. The recently updated the A50s also so they have a whole new look and, they got rid of that annoying buzzing sound that some wireless headsets have. Al in All I am very happy with my Astro A50s you just have to be willing to drop the money for them.
seldermin
seldermin

5 Credits 14 Posts
https://www.google.nl/search?q=ps4+wireless+headset&rlz=1C1PRFC_enNL542NL542&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=955&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=0OCXVavaNKWJ7QaN3Z-YAw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#imgrc=vmpevRvFuDVCJ
M%3A

This badboy, its perfect. Sound is amazing and it fits perfectly. The price right now should be cheapp!!! But not sure if you can even get this edititon in the shop, i think there are newer versions. It's wireless, which was a must for me, when i go and stand up, get a drink...etc i dont want cables in the way. So wireless all the way.

Durable = 9
Comfort = 8
Sound = 8
Design = 6
Price = 10