Destiny 2 Tracker Network
Destiny 2 will receive an update tomorrow. Players will be required to log in to Destiny 2 again after installing the update. Please stay tuned to @BungieHelp for updates.
Love the site? Show us love
Learn More Donate
MKerrsive
MKerrsive

19 Credits 8 Posts
Population stats don't seem to be current and/or updating. As of last night at 12:05, ARs had over 620 million kills. Right now, they're at 579 million. They've lost over a week's worth of kills. Is this just a bug, or did something happen with the population?

Gotta know for my Crucible kills research. Thanks for all of the information you provide.
Hey Im Swat
Hey Im Swat

438 Credits 1521 Posts
5 Credit(s) Received
MKerrsive said:

There was database maintenance happening last night so that could be the cause. However, I will get @Xorth's attention (site owner/creator) to make sure there is no issue.
xorth
xorth

644 Credits 527 Posts
MKerrsive said:Population stats don't seem to be current and/or updating. As of last night at 12:05, ARs had over 620 million kills. Right now, they're at 579 million. They've lost over a week's worth of kills. Is this just a bug, or did something happen with the population?

Gotta know for my Crucible kills research. Thanks for all of the information you provide.

I think it works now. Can you verify?
MKerrsive
MKerrsive

19 Credits 8 Posts
xorth said:
MKerrsive said:Population stats don't seem to be current and/or updating. As of last night at 12:05, ARs had over 620 million kills. Right now, they're at 579 million. They've lost over a week's worth of kills. Is this just a bug, or did something happen with the population?

I think it works now. Can you verify?

No go. Population totals start with auto rifles at 582,141,734. Before last night, I had 620,847,787 auto rifle kills. Does the server ever purge players who want out or have been inactive? This is all important to me because I've been using your tracker to do some statistics and analytics of the DTR information. I've been tracking it for weeks now.

In fact, I had a couple things I'd like to talk to you about Mr. Xorth. Aside from this current issue with the running PVP kill tracker, could I talk to you about some things in private? I have some ideas I'd like to share with you.
JimTheFly
JimTheFly

2 Credits 2 Posts
I was about to mention this. I was recently tracking these stats via spreadsheet as well, and when I went to update them just now, I had no idea what to do, so I decided to start over.

To give an idea, on 4/29, ARs had 584.75M kills. Right now they have 583.03M. However, the other weapon stats seem to have reset themselves to a much more current number. The overall kills are approximately the same as on 5/10.

Since 5/14 (the last day I grabbed the stats, it's been a busy weekend), ARs lost 34.8M, Melee 14.5M, Super 12.6M, and everything else from 2.4M to 9M. Except Pulse Rifles (up 350K) and Hand Cannons (up 4.67M). The total kills went from 3,677,497,615 to 3,585,693,123. It really almost feels like a bunch of old stats or old accounts were purged, because ARs dropped by 0.55%, while Pulse Rifles went up by about 0.10% and Hand Cannons by nearly 0.40%. And there's been a serious leaning toward HCs and PRs of late.

Just what I've noticed from the stats. Hoping it might help somehow.
xorth
xorth

644 Credits 527 Posts
Just now seeing this. I did a database clean up around that time and removed a bunch of players who hadn't used the site in a long time. This would lower the actual kills themselves. The # of kills, is not all that interesting, what is interesting is the percent. Hope that helps.

JimTheFly said:I was about to mention this. I was recently tracking these stats via spreadsheet as well, and when I went to update them just now, I had no idea what to do, so I decided to start over.

To give an idea, on 4/29, ARs had 584.75M kills. Right now they have 583.03M. However, the other weapon stats seem to have reset themselves to a much more current number. The overall kills are approximately the same as on 5/10.

Since 5/14 (the last day I grabbed the stats, it's been a busy weekend), ARs lost 34.8M, Melee 14.5M, Super 12.6M, and everything else from 2.4M to 9M. Except Pulse Rifles (up 350K) and Hand Cannons (up 4.67M). The total kills went from 3,677,497,615 to 3,585,693,123. It really almost feels like a bunch of old stats or old accounts were purged, because ARs dropped by 0.55%, while Pulse Rifles went up by about 0.10% and Hand Cannons by nearly 0.40%. And there's been a serious leaning toward HCs and PRs of late.

Just what I've noticed from the stats. Hoping it might help somehow.