Destiny 2 Tracker Network
teejaye85
teejaye85

6 Credits 4 Posts
6 Credit(s) Received
I feel like I'm missing something really obvious. If I review my past Crucible matches, and manually add up the kills broken down by weapon, melee, grenade, etc, they never seem to add up to the total number of kills I was credited with for the match. What's causing the difference?
xorth
xorth

644 Credits 527 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
teejaye85 said:I feel like I'm missing something really obvious. If I review my past Crucible matches, and manually add up the kills broken down by weapon, melee, grenade, etc, they never seem to add up to the total number of kills I was credited with for the match. What's causing the difference?

I can't figure out why. I checked the data from bungie, we're showing everything accurately. I'm sure things like when you shoot someone and then they kill themelves, or fall off the map, etc probably get lost in the data. But other then that, I'm not sure.
teejaye85
teejaye85

6 Credits 4 Posts
xorth said: I can't figure out why. I checked the data from bungie, we're showing everything accurately. I'm sure things like when you shoot someone and then they kill themelves, or fall off the map, etc probably get lost in the data. But other then that, I'm not sure.

Thanks for the response!

I spot-checked a bunch of entries, and noticed a pattern that didn't jump out at me before: There were never any Super kills. Is it possible that's the delta?
Darksim72
Darksim72

1 Credits 1 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
teejaye85 said:
xorth said: I can't figure out why. I checked the data from bungie, we're showing everything accurately. I'm sure things like when you shoot someone and then they kill themelves, or fall off the map, etc probably get lost in the data. But other then that, I'm not sure.

Thanks for the response!

I spot-checked a bunch of entries, and noticed a pattern that didn't jump out at me before: There were never any Super kills. Is it possible that's the delta?

I realize this is a month old but that seems to check out. I checked some matches where I knew a friend used the Defender class and his kills lined up every time - with some Blast Shield medals to confirm. So the super kills can probably be deduced as the difference between the individual kill stats and the total match kills.
TheBigL
TheBigL

252 Credits 504 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Darksim72 said:
teejaye85 said:

Thanks for the response!

I realize this is a month old but that seems to check out. I checked some matches where I knew a friend used the Defender class and his kills lined up every time - with some Blast Shield medals to confirm. So the super kills can probably be deduced as the difference between the individual kill stats and the total match kills.

Good work. Let see if we can get @xorth's attention.
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
I don't think there's much that can be done to correct this from our end, unfortunately. Xorth would have to tally each weapon's type and subtract that value from the total number of kills that player received (in order to determine the amount of kills with the super). He would have to do this for every player, in every game, while keeping a running total that would differ from the information that Bungie provides.