Destiny 2 Tracker Network
Love the site? Show us love
Learn More Donate
Morarn
Morarn

180 Credits 295 Posts
4 Credit(s) Received
So base price is $40 for the base expansion.
The 'Legendary Edition' comes with the base game and both DLCs AND the expansion... $60.
Both collectors editions are priced at $80 and come with the 'Legendary Edition' ($60) and 3 emotes, shaders, and items and the goodies package for the physical pack.

So lets break down how this values Destiny:
$40 base expansion with no mention of other DLC
$20 Base game plus both DLCs
$20 for 3 shaders, emotes, and items
Free goodie bag

There's something wrong with this. The legendary and digital collectors editions are over priced for their content and a special goody bag is valued at $0?

Physical collectors should be $80, digital collectors should be $60, Legendary should be $40 and expansion alone should be $20. This provides an incremental value to all pieces of each edition and a logical progression of value to the next bundle.

And then there's people who already have everything for the game, but don't need a second set of the base game. Using this setup, you can subtract what you clearly defined the value of the base game at $20 from any edition that the buyer chooses.

Discuss.
Hey Im Swat
Hey Im Swat

438 Credits 1521 Posts
It's actually Acitivision that's does the pricing so I'm not surprised.
Jennie
Jennie

92 Credits 146 Posts
Yeah, I don't like how you can get the Collector's edition of the new game for $80, but if you got just the regular version day 1 you are shelling out $130 for the game and all the DLC, and that's if you used the season pass.

Honestly, it doesn't seem all that fair, but I understand it's a business and businesses need to make money. So it is what it is. It would be nice if we could at least get a new seasons pass that will cover the next two expansions, but I'm sure I'm asking for the moon.
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
Personally, I'm frustrated between the Collector's Edition pricing between the Physical and Digital versions. Both are listed at $79.99, but the digital edition is the same without any of the actual merchandise.

So, $79.99 for a digital purchase gets me:
The Taken King
Collector's Edition SteelBook™ Case
Modified Treasure Island Book with intro Letter from Cayde-6
Cayde-6's Personal Notes and Illustrations
Collection of Relics and Artifacts
Strange Coin Replica

Three Class Specific Emotes
Three Armor Shaders
Three Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses

There is no way that three shaders, class items, and emotes is going to cost an additional $40. Outrageous.
Vek
Vek

101 Credits 60 Posts
Darkened Night said:Personally, I'm frustrated between the Collector's Edition pricing between the Physical and Digital versions. Both are listed at $79.99, but the digital edition is the same without any of the actual merchandise.

The Taken King
Strange Coin Replica

Three Armor Shaders

There is no way that three shaders, class items, and emotes is going to cost an additional $40. Outrageous.
THIS
Hey Im Swat
Hey Im Swat

438 Credits 1521 Posts
Darkened Night said:Personally, I'm frustrated between the Collector's Edition pricing between the Physical and Digital versions. Both are listed at $79.99, but the digital edition is the same without any of the actual merchandise.

The Taken King
Strange Coin Replica

Three Armor Shaders

Fix yo shit, @DeeJ_BNG