Destiny 2 Tracker Network
What happens when you delete your character?
21.6%
21.6%
45.9%
45.9%
32.4%
32.4%

Vote

xorth
xorth

644 Credits 527 Posts
3 Credit(s) Received
What should happen when you delete one of your characters, in terms of, your overall total stats?

Should your TOTAL Kills include your deleted character, or include the kills you got with that character?

This is a vote, be sure to vote & of course feel free to post your opinion and explain
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
I think that your statistical totals should persist even after your character has been deleted. Your statistics are intended to showcase your career, not showcase how hard you can camp or high you can score with one character. Being able to remove statistics at your own will lead to players doing so just to preserve a high K/D so they can brag to their friends despite having a low amount of games. It also impacts the user's total play time and other statistics that would be important for some of the other features that we plan on adding in the future.
Morarn
Morarn

180 Credits 295 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Any way that prevents stat-padding is a good thing.
xorth
xorth

644 Credits 527 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Morarn said:Any way that prevents stat-padding is a good thing.

How would this allow / prevent stat padding?
Morarn
Morarn

180 Credits 295 Posts
xorth said:
Morarn said:Any way that prevents stat-padding is a good thing.

How would this allow / prevent stat padding?

The ability to delete underpreforming characters in your totals in favor of ones that have better stats, shouldnt be available
Smokey
Smokey

6 Credits 6 Posts
Hey I know this is off topic to the question but if I started playing pvp with my hunter(I play as a titan) will the stats merge with the other class or not?
I'm guessing it does but just asking incase.
Smokey
Smokey

6 Credits 6 Posts
Delete 2nd post
Morarn
Morarn

180 Credits 295 Posts
4 Credit(s) Received
@Smokey only in the "totals" (right side) section of your stats page
S2 Grim
S2 Grim

0 Credits 1 Posts
It is a double edged sword. I made my alt's just for NF's, 90% of my playtime is my hunter, its the character i play everything with, my hunter's pvp stats ARE my stats, should I be held back on the leader boards for not being top % in kills/score etc for characters I rarely play pvp with? I can understand how it could cover up bad stats and bump a player up but what about players who barely play pvp with alts and want to be where they deserve to be on the leader boards? Can there not be a compromise? What if you were only to factor in the k/d and/or w/l ratio from alt's on the total as opposed to kills and score which can just be accumulated through playing & is not skill based? Then on that persons main character you could include the time consuming components? Just a thought let me know what you guy's think. Either way I love the site, keep up the good work ~Grim

adel75
adel75

0 Credits 2 Posts
I think that statistics like overall K/D should take in account the last 6 months only..
All my chars are from September 2014 and since then i went from 0.5ish K/D to 1.2ish but my overall is like 0.8 because of those bad early months.
so either rolling K/D should be based off the last 6 months , or deleted chars stats shouldn't be taken in account.
so we have a chance at showing our true skill without having to ask to analyse the stats on a month per month basis...