Destiny 2 Tracker Network
cuzzybubba1
cuzzybubba1

0 Credits 4 Posts
New here, just wondering why the KD is wildly different on this site compared to Bungie.net? My KD for control is 2.02 on Bungie.net yet Destiny tracker has 1.72 and it's the same with Clash, Skirmish and most other Playlists except for Iron Banner that's the only one that's correct. Thanks for the information in advance.
Hi Im Lone Wolf
Hi Im Lone Wolf

438 Credits 1521 Posts
cuzzybubba1 said:

I'll notifiy a member of our staff team for you :).

Welcome, by the way.

@Darkened Night @Sengir79 @TheBigL
TheBigL
TheBigL

252 Credits 504 Posts
cuzzybubba1 said:New here, just wondering why the KD is wildly different on this site compared to Bungie.net? My KD for control is 2.02 on Bungie.net yet Destiny tracker has 1.72 and it's the same with Clash, Skirmish and most other Playlists except for Iron Banner that's the only one that's correct. Thanks for the information in advance.

Hey there. Welcome to the site. After looking at and comparing your numbers on your hunter, there does appear to be an issue here. While it appears that things like your overall kills, deaths and KD are correct, when broken down into playlist stats, things go awry. I will have to have @xorth take a look into this and determine if it is a code issue or an API reporting issue on the playlist end of things. Be patient, we'll get an answer / fix ASAP.

PS: Have you recently deleted and started new characters?
cuzzybubba1
cuzzybubba1

0 Credits 4 Posts
TheBigL said:
cuzzybubba1 said:New here, just wondering why the KD is wildly different on this site compared to Bungie.net? My KD for control is 2.02 on Bungie.net yet Destiny tracker has 1.72 and it's the same with Clash, Skirmish and most other Playlists except for Iron Banner that's the only one that's correct. Thanks for the information in advance.

Hey there. Welcome to the site. After looking at and comparing your numbers on your hunter, there does appear to be an issue here. While it appears that things like your overall kills, deaths and KD are correct, when broken down into playlist stats, things go awry. I will have to have @xorth take a look into this and determine if it is a code issue or an API reporting issue on the playlist end of things. Be patient, we'll get an answer / fix ASAP.

PS: Have you recently deleted and started new characters?

Thanks for the information, I thought I was going crazy for a minute.. lol I did create a Warlock but that was at least 2 months ago, no recent changes in creating characters.
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
Just to clarify, have you deleted any characters recently? Looking at your Skirmish stats, there's about 700 kills and 40 wins worth of statistics that are not present, which I presume would be from a character that was removed. Stats from deleted characters persist on our website, and could be the reason for the discrepancy.

The other likely issue would be Bungie's API, though I don't believe that it is this inaccurate (most of the time stats are correct, if not off by a very slim margin).

Edit: It does appear that you have previously deleted a Warlock, the stats from that character will show up under your playlist stats, which would explain the difference.
cuzzybubba1
cuzzybubba1

0 Credits 4 Posts
Darkened Night said:Just to clarify, have you deleted any characters recently? Looking at your Skirmish stats, there's about 700 kills and 40 wins worth of statistics that are not present, which I presume would be from a character that was removed. Stats from deleted characters persist on our website, and could be the reason for the discrepancy.

The other likely issue would be Bungie's API, though I don't believe that it is this inaccurate (most of the time stats are correct, if not off by a very slim margin).

Edit: It does appear that you have previously deleted a Warlock, the stats from that character will show up under your playlist stats, which would explain the difference.

Yes, I deleted one about 2-3 months ago so that makes sense.. Just for further clarity, only the Playlist True Skill retains the information for all characters even if they are deleted correct? I noticed my Totals section are all correct so that appears to roll up only active characters. If that's the case, why would the Playlist True skill retain deleted information but the Totals does not? I'm good either way, your response makes sense but I'm just curious as to the thought behind retaining the stats in only one section and not the other. Thanks for the speedy reply and information!
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
It's all dependent on what we're collecting and storing or just outright calculating. The question of why playlist stats retain information and totals has been recently up for debate in the past month, but no official declaration has been made. This just happens to be the way that Xorth implemented the playlist section (he's juggling a whole lot of data at once, it's almost overwhelming).

The issue is a debate between permitting players to delete character (and by extension, stats) that would enable others to think lesser of them. Many could use this as a method of placing higher on our leaderboards, which may or may not be something you believe should be possible. We do welcome our members' opinions on the topic, and we'd love to hear about what action you think we should take regarding this particular topic (in the thread linked above).
cuzzybubba1
cuzzybubba1

0 Credits 4 Posts
Darkened Night said:It's all dependent on what we're collecting and storing or just outright calculating. The question of why playlist stats retain information and totals has been recently up for debate in the past month, but no official declaration has been made. This just happens to be the way that Xorth implemented the playlist section (he's juggling a whole lot of data at once, it's almost overwhelming).

The issue is a debate between permitting players to delete character (and by extension, stats) that would enable others to think lesser of them. Many could use this as a method of placing higher on our leaderboards, which may or may not be something you believe should be possible. We do welcome our members' opinions on the topic, and we'd love to hear about what action you think we should take regarding this particular topic (in the thread linked above).

That makes perfect sense, I'll check out the link provided and again thanks for the super quick response and love the site. Take it easy