Destiny 2 Tracker Network
Love the site? Show us love
Learn More Donate

This thread is closed

gaherisx
gaherisx

0 Credits 2 Posts
Hi there, new to the site. So the title pretty much sums the whole idea up. I'm a solo player and feel like there should be some sort of stat that tells how much time a player spends in a fireteam in the crucible and how many players in a fireteam he's been usually playing with . Simply because if you constantly play in a fireteam you will obviously have an advantage over other players because you can communicate and because your teammates will create more opportunities for you than randoms. This often results in a better K/D for most of the people in the fireteam and a worse K/D for the people who had to deal against the said fireteam. For example someone with a 2+ KD who always play with a team of 4+ players could well average a 1.5 K/D in reality if put by himself. My point is that the stats you see don't tell the whole story. So here is why I think it would be interesting to have this kind of stat added to the player profile granted it is possible to do so.
Hello Im Swat
Hello Im Swat

438 Credits 1521 Posts
Not sure the Bungie API can tell the difference between someone who entered alone and someone that entered with a team. I'll notifiy a member of staff to get their comment on this for you.

[ @TheBigL @Sengir79 ]
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
Unfortunately, there are no elements in the Bungie API that can distinguish whether you are searching solo or not.

That said, I think Bungie's matchmaking system prioritizes matches so that you never match groups that are +/-2 players over your group. So if you search solo, the highest "team" you could face is a team of three, unless a team of two or three happens to be on your team as well. This way it's never a solo team of six versus a hardened group of six who've been playing together for months.
Jennie
Jennie

92 Credits 146 Posts
Just looking at the Bungie game history it does not appear that they indicate any players that might be on a fireteam any different than solo players. You might be able to tell just based on the clan tag, but other than that there is no way to know if people are a team or just solo players.

If Bungie does not differentiate between solo players and members of a fireteam then we unfortunately have do not have a way to do that either.
gaherisx
gaherisx

0 Credits 2 Posts
Well thanks for the heads up guys, that's too bad. It could have been a nice feature to implement. Maybe in Destiny 2 if Bungie makes it somehow available in the API.
Hello Im Swat
Hello Im Swat

438 Credits 1521 Posts
gaherisx said:

They didn't do it for their previous games they made (Halo) but we'll see. Any other problems or query's, just ask! :)
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
The API does have a variable called fireTeamId in the return, but it isn't used from what I can see. Maybe they had the intention of hashing groups at some point for clan matches (they did show something like that off during the initial E3 conference).

This thread is closed