Destiny 2 Tracker Network
AdamKnowlesy
AdamKnowlesy

0 Credits 2 Posts
Good day fellow Guardians.
I'm not sure if I am seeing things or slightly confused by how the DTR score is calculated but I notice that on the PSN leader boards, players just seem to pop up out of nowhere (this might be the case on the XBL leader boards but I don't play XB so don't check those).

This is just and example from what I noticed recently. Just the other day I-_-MACM-_-I was number two on the PSN leader boards (a guy who has a lot of dedication to the game playing a good amount of time everyday) but now he is number 3, although, he hasn't moved down rank to another player in the top 10 but to another player seeming appearing out of nowhere. Is this maybe due to a lag in refreshing data or maybe another player not sharing their stats (security settings) up until now?

Also the number of games played fluctuates massively from the top players, does this indicate the number of games played/won doesn't matter much to the calculation of DTR score? I guess I am just looking for a bit of clarification as I feel a bit stupid not being able to understand these scores fully, I also feel a little stupid for asking but I'm hoping someone can set me straight.

Thank you for any responses.

P.S. This isn't in anyway trying to lessen any players achievements or skill, it's just so I can better understand the scoring system.
Hi Im Lone Wolf
Hi Im Lone Wolf

438 Credits 1521 Posts
AdamKnowlesy said:I notice that on the PSN leader boards, players just seem to pop up out of nowhere

It's because of new people registering on the site. We can't collect data about an individual without them registering here first then collecting their stats.

I see you have a question about DTR score, I'm not the person for this so I'll ring up the people who know all about DTR score.

[ @Sengir79 @TheBigL @Darkened Night ]
AdamKnowlesy
AdamKnowlesy

0 Credits 2 Posts
Hey Im Swat said:
AdamKnowlesy said:I notice that on the PSN leader boards, players just seem to pop up out of nowhere

It's because of new people registering on the site. We can't collect data about an individual without them registering here first then collecting their stats.
I see you have a question about DTR score, I'm not the person for this so I'll ring up the people who know all about DTR score.
[ @Sengir79 @TheBigL @Darkened Night ]

Thank you kindly for your super quick response. :)
DELETED
DELETED

0 Credits 230 Posts
DTR score takes into account many variables including wins, assists and k/d (among others). Playing more games is generally going to net you a higher overall score, however your performance is also a factor. A good player will reach a certain score in less games than a less skilled player so it it perfectly normal to see similarly scored players have a large discrepancy in number of games played. Those players with less games have performed better in those games to earn the same score.

Our formula is kept secret to prevent exploitation but winning and good performances all help.
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
Sengir79 said:DTR score takes into account many variables including wins, assists and k/d (among others). Playing more games is generally going to net you a higher overall score, however your performance is also a factor. A good player will reach a certain score in less games than a less skilled player so it it perfectly normal to see similarly scored players have a large discrepancy in number of games played. Those players with less games have performed better in those games to earn the same score.

Our formula is kept secret to prevent exploitation but winning and good performances all help.

Summed up quite well, if I say so myself.