Destiny 2 Tracker Network
Love the site? Show us love
Learn More Donate
Babyrancher
Babyrancher

5 Credits 6 Posts
Sorry if I'm just being picky but I really REALLY dislike the PSN ID / Gamertag search box setup. The sliding Tab between Xbox and PSN is...

Not immediately apparent to people new to the site.
Slow to load on mobile devices according to everyone I've talked to and in my personal experience.
Not always responsive.
Hard to toggle on a small touch screen.

I don't think anyone would have a problem with two search bars next to each other or with one right above the other. No toggling, sliding, or selecting... just two distinctive search options.

If you insist on only having one, please make it easier to select them and more visually intuitive.
Hey Im Swat
Hey Im Swat

438 Credits 1521 Posts
Babyrancher said:

The search box used to look like this:

Do you prefer that? If so, we could ask our site administrator/site creator, @xorth what he thinks.
Babyrancher
Babyrancher

5 Credits 6 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Between the old one and the new one I definitely prefer the old one. But again, if there is a way to make two separate boxes, I think that would be the ideal.
Hey Im Swat
Hey Im Swat

438 Credits 1521 Posts
Babyrancher said:

Personally, I would think having two search boxes (if that is what you mean) would take up too much room in the center banner. We'll see what Xorth has to say though!

Thanks for the feedback, it's really appreciated. :)
Babyrancher
Babyrancher

5 Credits 6 Posts

Kind of lazy shooping but you get the idea.
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
I'm guessing that Xorth is using Bootstrap switch or something of the sort. I don't think we need two lines for each console individually, but the space that is supposed to provide the user with the knowledge that it is, in fact, a switch could be improved. Either changing the color of the switchable tab and/or increasing the size of the section would be a solid improvement.
B
B

60 Credits 45 Posts
Darkened Night said:I'm guessing that Xorth is using Bootstrap switch or something of the sort. I don't think we need two lines for each console individually, but the space that is supposed to provide the user with the knowledge that it is, in fact, a switch could be improved. Either changing the color of the switchable tab and/or increasing the size of the section would be a solid improvement.

What he is using is most likely Bootstrap Toggle.This should be fairly easy to change the css for, for clarity purposes. Perhaps the slider button on the Green Xbox section should be grey, while the slider button on the PSN section could be green.

I have experimented with bootstrap a bit and it shouldn't be too hard to change.