Destiny 2 Tracker Network
How Should DTR TrueSkill Transition into Year Two?
69.0%
69.0%
23.2%
23.2%
7.8%
7.8%

Vote

INCH
INCH

5 Credits 8 Posts
Shane Bratten said:
xorth said:Ello, another staff member here. We have differing opinions, and seeking your opinions.

I like Grades. Because you can get your 50, show it off, people know you earned a 50, and be done with it. If you're a grinder at heart, and you're really good, you can keep going if you want and achieve amazing things. Raising it to a 70 just makes it more of a grind and each rank means less.

that's my take.

i wish =]]][[\pthey would reduce the impact of win loss records in account for your score. it sucxks that im stuck on 21 because at times i get placed on teams that consistently lose, even when i play well. im left with whats the point in playing well, team loses and my ranking either goes down or no where

I understand your frustration but you have to realise that crucible (except for rumble) is a team game. If you don`t have any friends that play crucible, try use LFG to find like minded players like yourself. If you`re on xbox one, add me, we can try a few games.
wulf2
wulf2

0 Credits 1 Posts
Prestiges should indicate how many playlists you have achieved rank 50 in. And on how many characters.
SlapR
SlapR

0 Credits 2 Posts
Maybe a Skill rank for every Map? That should be Pretty cool too.
The1stPrince81
The1stPrince81

0 Credits 1 Posts
I think the usual player likes to have there level keep going and going so there is the a very long time before they are stopped by the system. The prestige idea enables us as players to do just that. Even if you raise it too 80 or whatever changes are, are that by using prestige you will allow us to go farther with our level then the other two options allow.
majnus
majnus

0 Credits 1 Posts
Change the formula to reflect the skill of an individual rather than the team. I've noticed my rating is lower than somebody else's even though I have MUCH better K/D and literally everything else EXCEPT for win rate, so I assume this stat is being taken into account and matters a lot.

One's skill cannot be measured by taking a TEAM performance into account. Quite often I finish on top, having over 40% of all team's points, sometimes even 50% points out of a SIX PEOPLE TEAM. But if we still lose, MY rating gets punished. I'm pretty decent at PvP but my skill on this website is still lower than some people that are much, much worse but lucky enough to be on a winning team.

As for raising the skill beyond 50 - what is the point? The cap is good as it is.
ShadoWSoul
ShadoWSoul

1 Credits 1 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
I like the idea of expanding, but the 3 options given here aren't really very good choices to me, the increasing the level cap seems the best option to me.
Arazos
Arazos

1 Credits 4 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
I don't like the idea of going above 50. As far as true skill goes, 50 was always the promise land and showed the most elite players around. I don't necessarily like the idea of a prestige especially if it's not optional because as far as true skill goes it's about matching you with players on a similar level and I think prestige would just complicate that. So if I had to choose, multiple grades of 50 makes the most sense.
Babyrancher
Babyrancher

5 Credits 6 Posts
Whatever the change is, keep it simple and streamlined. Prestiges would need to be easy to recognize or compare to a table. Expanding the cap beyond 50 is simple but I don't know if that's the most effective way to convey skill.

I've been a fan of the addition of Divisions within each playlist.

Also agree with the people saying Win/Loss ratio shouldn't be weighted as much. I've had people in my big team groups that are mediocre to subpar, but since we're in a 5 or 6 man we roll randoms. Their trueskill jumps beyond that of a player on the other team getting a Bright Side thanks to the win, despite the other player outperforming them by a wide margin.

I respect someone with a 2.0 and a 50% Win/Loss way more than someone with a 2.3 and a 80% Win/Loss. Player one plays solo, player two has inflated stats by playing with groups.
mercuryrising
mercuryrising

1 Credits 1 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
I will get to 50 someday. Probably when the cap goes to 100, ha! Until then, I'll just sit back and enjoy my 22...
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
Arazos said:because as far as true skill goes it's about matching you with players on a similar level and I think prestige would just complicate that.

The decision to "prestige" would be an optional one. Also, keep in mind that our TrueSkill does not influence the players you will find in the Crucible.
Faceless Ruin
Faceless Ruin

3 Credits 1 Posts
3 Credit(s) Received
xorth said:Ello, another staff member here. We have differing opinions, and seeking your opinions.

I like Grades. Because you can get your 50, show it off, people know you earned a 50, and be done with it. If you're a grinder at heart, and you're really good, you can keep going if you want and achieve amazing things. Raising it to a 70 just makes it more of a grind and each rank means less.

that's my take.

Any chance you could hide the results of the vote until after a vote is cast so it the whole "ad populum" thing doesn't kick in so easily?
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
Faceless Folly said:Any chance you could hide the results of the vote until after a vote is cast so it the whole "ad populum" thing doesn't kick in so easily?

Yes, please Xorth.
digital soul
digital soul

0 Credits 1 Posts
In relation to skill the term 50 is not only a measure but also a major buzzword. There are many reasons its been used instead of some arbitrary number. If any site system improvements must occur id prefer to see grades.
mklex77
mklex77

0 Credits 1 Posts
100% creo que es suficiente 100
II LYKAN II
II LYKAN II

0 Credits 1 Posts
I agree with you.
jackdwil45
jackdwil45

0 Credits 2 Posts
Bring back clan matches like in halo 2
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
jackdwil45 said:Bring back clan matches like in halo 2

I wish we had that power. Unfortunately we are not Bungie, so posts here will likely go unheard. You should post your feedback on the Bungie forums to rally support in favor of this.
HLinHD
HLinHD

0 Credits 5 Posts
There really should be a "do nothing" option in the vote, as I'm sure at least several of us would pick that. Imo the number system should be static - TTK doesn't bring any significant enough changes to PvP for us to change our interpretation of skill, which is what DTR is used for, no? Why artificially extend the life of your system? If you change the system, and keep changing the system, it really dilutes the meaning of having a top level rank. I've never looked at a prestige 10 COD player and thought "oh my god what a great player", instead: "wow the amount of time he must've spent grinding that". Compare that to Halo 3, a guy could be a 50 with only 100 games under his belt and you'd still know that the player is damn good.

HLinHD
HLinHD

0 Credits 5 Posts
Edit: double post
Captain sully
Captain sully

0 Credits 1 Posts
I like the idea of prestige only in the fact that once you hit 50 you have the option of locking that level in. Lets be honest in 6s you have to have at least 2 mates with you to have a decent chance at a win. If you are good and have a good combat rating match making will give you the dregs of that lobby. Therefore, you have to play well above average by your standards to have a chance to win solo. If not your true skill is going down. Once you hit the top level i think that should lock in then you have options to have a more prestigious top level.