Destiny 2 Tracker Network

This thread is closed

HLinHD
HLinHD

0 Credits 5 Posts
Hi, wondering if you guys know if coming 2nd or 3rd in Rumble will increase your DTR (assuming this because this is how it was in Halo 3, last game with true skill embedded)?

I am feeling my rumble dtr stagnating despite barely losing games, and often with better K/D + assists than the winner. And of course, the worst is win you come second but have the same amount/more kills than the winner and less deaths, but he won because he killed u a few times gaining the bonus... would appreciate feedback
DELETED
DELETED

0 Credits 229 Posts
As far as I know only 1st place counts as a "win" in destiny which is a departure from how Halo did things.
HLinHD
HLinHD

0 Credits 5 Posts
So you think coming 2nd-6th in a Rumble match actually decreases your DTR? Really hope this isn't so, can anyone confirm?
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
When you hit Bungie's API, Rumble only considers the top player as the winner. Our Rumble TrueSkill is handled slightly differently to combat that, so that players do not have to win every game in order to rank up.
HLinHD
HLinHD

0 Credits 5 Posts
Darkened Night said:When you hit Bungie's API, Rumble only considers the top player as the winner. Our Rumble TrueSkill is handled slightly differently to combat that, so that players do not have to win every game in order to rank up.

Awesome, thanks for clarifying!
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
HLinHD said:Awesome, thanks for clarifying!

That's actually a very good question, I'll add this to the TrueSkill FAQ for future reference. Thanks for asking.

This thread is closed