Bungie DevStream Recap for August 19th
"How will your own personal highlights from the first year of Destiny translate to the second? What will your Guardian's lifestyle be like in the new and improved Tower? How will your Guardian become a more powerful snowflake over the course of your next journey? Is it true that Character Level and Light will rise in exciting new ways? All will be revealed and explained."
We've got all the news! Come discuss this week's announcement!
Character, Leveling, and Light
- Your existing light level in Destiny will become your character level once the Taken King releases.
- You do not need to have your gear equipped, the game will detect level 34 gear in your vault and level you accordingly.
- Light will continue to influence your attack and defense values.
- Your Light rating will be the average of your attack and defense stats.
- Ghosts and Class items now carry light ratings and have perks that contribute to your Guardians strength.
- Ghost shells offer enhancing perks, such as increased glimmer drops when killing Titans in the Crucible.
- Intellect, Discipline, and Strength attributes now adjust based on five tiers.
- Attribute tiers will show cooldown timers of abilities, no more guessing how much Discipline is helping your grenade recharge rate.
- A Spark of Light consumable is granted to every Guardian with the launch of the Taken King. Using this consumable will automatically level a Guardian to level 25 and deck him/her out with appropriate gear to begin the Taken King.
- Players may now carry 20 materials and consumable items.
- Social spaces now allow you to toggle your weapon, enabling you to show off a special or heavy weapon while in the Tower or Reef.
- New emotes, including the Sprinkler.
Exotic Weapons and Armor
- Exotics Blueprints are a new way to document your exotic collection.
- Once you earn an exotic armor/weapon, you unlock its blueprint that can be used to reacquire an exotic item.
- Purchasing a Year One exotic item from a Blueprint costs an Exotic shard and 2,500 Glimmer.
- Purchasing a Year Two exotic item from a Blueprint costs Legendary Marks.
- Certain Year One exotics now feature a special Year Two version.
- Year Two variants have the exotic perk unlocked at the start and provide additional benefits as you level them up (and a visual overhaul).
- Suros Regime, Bad Juju, Hawkmoon, Thunderlord, The Last Word are some of the confirmed exotics receiving an upgrade.
- Owning the Year One version of a weapon automatically unlocks the Blueprint of the Year Two version when the Taken King launches.
- Weapon attack values have been normalized from 365 to 160. These weapons deal the same damage, but are now in line with their armor equivalents.
Bounties and Quests
- Guardians may now track 16 bounties at a time.
- Vanguard and Crucible bounties have been streamlined to be easier and faster to complete .
- New bounties such as killing enemies with Solar damage.
- You can track up to 4 bounties/quests through your Ghost equip screen to view your progress without navigating the start menu.
- Completed bounties may be turned in from the quests page without a trip to the Tower.
- Quests are extended challenges that offer special rewards.
- Guardians may holds up to 32 quests in total and are related to the game's storyline, classes, enemies, and cult factions (Dead Orbit, FWC, New Monarchy).
- Year One content will have quests.
- Weapon Upgrades are a Quest reward that grant a guaranteed improvement over your existing gear.
- Crucible Questlines are confirmed and encourage players to sample to the Crucible and experience more of it's offerings.
- New Crucible weekly bounties. These bounties will require a significantly increase effort to complete.
- Completing all five weekly Crucible bounties awards you with a Nightfall-tier reward.
- Year Two Legendary/Exotic weapons and armor now have an infuse node.
- Infuse node is similar to ascending your weapon in Year One.
- To perform an infusion, a Guardian must sacrifice a strong piece of gear to buff the item they intend to infuse.
- This allows Guardians to buff gear with preferred visuals and adds the ability to look unique throughout Destiny.
- Vault space has expanded! 72 spaces for weapons, 72 spaces for armor, 36 spaces for general items!
- The Speaker will continue to offer material exchange for those who have amassed a large amount of shards and energy from the two existing Raids.
- The Speaker and Crucible handler will be offering Ghost shells for you to purchase.
- Ships, shaders, and emblems are now "collections", which allow you collect each without the fear of running out of Vault space.
- These items will be retrievable through kiosks, similar to the one that replaced Tess.
- Unearned emblems will have tips and information on how to earn them.
- Vanguard and Crucible Marks are merging into a unified Legendary Mark.
- You may carry, at max, 200 Legendary Marks. There is no limit to the amount of Marks you may acquire in a given week.
- Legendary Marks will be shared between characters, similar to Glimmer.
- Existing Vanguard and Crucible Marks will be converted to commendations, which can then be exchanged for Legendary Marks upon dismantling.
- Year Two Legendary Armor, when dismantled, will generate a few Legendary Marks.
- In order to level factions, you now pledge allegiance to them.
- Existing faction reputation (as well as Cryptarch, Crucible, and Vanguard) will carry over.
- Wearing a faction's class item is no longer required.
- You may only convert factions once per week.
- Guardians with excess materials, such as special synthesis, will be able to exchange these items for reputation for a faction.
- There are faction specific quests that are unlocked upon reaching a certain faction rank.
- Faction shader drops rates will be increases. Owning a specific shader will remove it from the drop table. No more duplicated shaders.
- Faction armor will provide new perks, such as increased recovery upon taking Solar splash damage.
- The Cryptarch now offers legendary engrams in exchange for Legendary Marks.
- The Gunsmith now has an affinity level, which increases upon completing weapon field tests.
- Field Test weapons are similar to weapon bounties in which you kill creatures of the dark using a specific "test" weapon.
- Upon reaching a specific rank, you may order weapons from the Gunsmith from his weekly refreshing inventory.
- Once an order has been placed, your weapon will arrive in the following week.
Did we miss something? Are you a video sleuth? Let us know in this thread and we'll update it right away!