Destiny 2 Tracker Network
Love the site? Show us love
Learn More Donate

This thread is closed

FishyfL
FishyfL

1 Credits 6 Posts
When I click on "public profile" it shows me the gamertag that I used when I created my DTR account. Since then I have changed my gamertag, so I was wondering if there was a way to update the gamertag to the one I have currently. For instance when I click on "My stats" it says "gamertag not found" which is understandable, considering that the website is trying to pull stats for my old tag, which doesn't exist anymore. Halp.
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
FishyfL said:When I click on "public profile" it shows me the gamertag that I used when I created my DTR account. Since then I have changed my gamertag, so I was wondering if there was a way to update the gamertag to the one I have currently. For instance when I click on "My stats" it says "gamertag not found" which is understandable, considering that the website is trying to pull stats for my old tag, which doesn't exist anymore. Halp.

Easily done, head over here and modify your gamertag field to the new gamertag, then hit save. Wait a minute or two and it should be all set.
FishyfL
FishyfL

1 Credits 6 Posts
Darkened Night said:
FishyfL said:When I click on "public profile" it shows me the gamertag that I used when I created my DTR account. Since then I have changed my gamertag, so I was wondering if there was a way to update the gamertag to the one I have currently. For instance when I click on "My stats" it says "gamertag not found" which is understandable, considering that the website is trying to pull stats for my old tag, which doesn't exist anymore. Halp.

Easily done, head over here and modify your gamertag field to the new gamertag, then hit save. Wait a minute or two and it should be all set.

Thanks for showing me how to get there Darkened, but now there's another problem. When I try to type in my current GT and press "update settings", it says "Unable to link the XBL Gamertag to your account. The Gamertag is already linked to it. You will need to verify you own the Gamertag or if you own ________, login and remove your Gamertag and then add it to this one."
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
FishyfL said:

Thanks for showing me how to get there Darkened, but now there's another problem. When I try to type in my current GT and press "update settings", it says "Unable to link the XBL Gamertag to your account. The Gamertag is already linked to it. You will need to verify you own the Gamertag or if you own ________, login and remove your Gamertag and then add it to this one."

Not a problem, I'll need you to send me a private message on DestinyTracker with your gamertag, or message me on Xbox using the gamertag you are trying to link so that I can confirm that you are the account holder. From there, I can unlink that gamertag from the other user account.
FishyfL
FishyfL

1 Credits 6 Posts
Darkened Night said:
FishyfL said:

Not a problem, I'll need you to send me a private message on DestinyTracker with your gamertag, or message me on Xbox using the gamertag you are trying to link so that I can confirm that you are the account holder. From there, I can unlink that gamertag from the other user account.

What's your Gamertag? I searched Darkened Knight on x box but he has 0 gamerscore and 2 friends, so I doubt that's you.

Oh nvm, I searched knight instead of night lol, I found you
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
FishyfL said:What's your Gamertag? I searched Darkened Knight on x box but he has 0 gamerscore and 2 friends, so I doubt that's you.

Oh nvm, I searched knight instead of night lol, I found you

I have verified and unlinked the account from the associated username; try to link your gamertag again, it should go through without a hitch this time.

Fishy fL has had the issue resolved. Closing this one up.

This thread is closed