Destiny 2 Tracker Network
TritonBloom
TritonBloom

0 Credits 3 Posts
Anyone know how they can get the actual line-level data that is underneath some of the stats?
Hello Im Swat
Hello Im Swat

438 Credits 1521 Posts
TritonBloom said:

Do you mean game stats? If so, you grab them using the API key.
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
TritonBloom said:Anyone know how they can get the actual line-level data that is underneath some of the stats?

By 'they' do you mean us or Bungie? And which data is this inquiry in relation too? Please be a bit more specific and I'll do my best to assist.
TritonBloom
TritonBloom

0 Credits 3 Posts
Thanks, Night. I am looking to see when the 11 crucible suicides occurred on my 34 - Hunter. I am a stat junky and have hand recorded 12. Would just be interested in seeing the dates and maps to compare.
TritonBloom
TritonBloom

0 Credits 3 Posts
what do I do with the API key? Is there a site to enter the code I received?
Hello Im Swat
Hello Im Swat

438 Credits 1521 Posts
TritonBloom said:

Information on Bungie's API can be found here. If you have no idea how API's work and/or what they're for, I suggest reading this.
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
TritonBloom said:Thanks, Night. I am looking to see when the 11 crucible suicides occurred on my 34 - Hunter. I am a stat junky and have hand recorded 12. Would just be interested in seeing the dates and maps to compare.

If you are unfamiliar with programming concepts, looking into an API might not be the solution you are looking for. The key found on the page that Swat linked you to is your private API key, one that you use to query the Destiny API to return information that you can use for your Destiny projects.

We don't actually track your suicides, we pull this information from the Destiny API. For example, all of your character information (including suicides in various modes of the game) can be found here. But without the proper tools or knowledge to break this data down, it would take a large amount of effort to figure out on your own.

For us, figuring out when your suicides occurred would be a resource-intensive process. I am not certain that the API provides aggregated stats for suicides based on maps; if they do, you would want to query each of your games, see if it matches one of the maps with a recorded suicide. Then, if a match for that map is found, see if a suicide was registered on your account/character and return the specific game ID. From there, you'd be able to use that game ID to compile a list of games with suicides. Here is an example API call for a game I completed in Crucible, you would need to locate the endpoint of your character's ID, then look at the suicide variable to see if you logged a suicide for that game.