Destiny 2 Tracker Network
dthuna
dthuna

3 Credits 5 Posts
If I were to delete a character, would that character's stats then be subtracted from my DTR profile?

For example, if I have a poor KD on one character and phenomenal on the other two. If I were to delete the poor character, would my overall KD then increase on DTR? If I delete all three characters, would be KD and DTR profile reset? If not, is there a way to do this for year two?

I've seen conflicting comments in both the DTR forums and reddit, so I wanted to check before doing anything permanent.

Unessential context:

I recently switched from a 10' projector to a monitor and my K/D has seen a substantial uptick (boy, I did not realize how much input lag I was experiencing previously). I want to delete two, maybe three, characters in order to start fresh regarding my K/D and to enjoy the story again from start to finish.

Thanks so much for your time, and really appreciate any guidance you can provide.

Kind regards,
-DTH
dthuna
dthuna

3 Credits 5 Posts
Hi Im Lone Wolf
Hi Im Lone Wolf

438 Credits 1521 Posts
dthuna said:

You're better off tagging a staff member who isn't an administrator for this simple question as Xorth can be very busy at times. Xorth would be best contacting if you had an account issue (EG; stats not collecting).

Try @Darkened Night @Sengir79 @TheBigL

Good luck with your query and welcome to DestinyTracker.com!
dthuna
dthuna

3 Credits 5 Posts
Thx @hey im swat! Sorry about that. I posted this question a while ago in the destiny subreddit and several told me to post here and ask xorth. Still trying to learn the site, and greatly appreciate the help, bud! @TheBigL helped me out yesterday but I later read a conflicting report so I was hoping to review his source. Let's hope this gets some traction.
TheBigL
TheBigL

252 Credits 504 Posts
dthuna said:Thx @hey im swat! Sorry about that. I posted this question a while ago in the destiny subreddit and several told me to post here and ask xorth. Still trying to learn the site, and greatly appreciate the help, bud! @TheBigL helped me out yesterday but I later read a conflicting report so I was hoping to review his source. Let's hope this gets some traction.

I am going to bring @Darkened Night or @xorth in here for this as I don't want to give the wrong information and they are more familiar with the stats end of things. I will let them know in our staff chat and try to expedite an answer for you.
dthuna
dthuna

3 Credits 5 Posts
3 Credit(s) Received
@TheBigL: you're too kind, bud. Thank you for all the help so far and I really appreciate the effort. There's many a conflicting report floating around right now, but I'll be sure to post the answer we acquire to my thread and the others I've read. Thx again, brother.
B
B

60 Credits 45 Posts
dthuna said:@TheBigL: you're too kind, bud. Thank you for all the help so far and I really appreciate the effort. There's many a conflicting report floating around right now, but I'll be sure to post the answer we acquire to my thread and the others I've read. Thx again, brother.

I am not 100% sure on this, but I believe that your character's stats are deleted from your profile when you delete a character. This is because we use Bungie's API to grab all your character stats like kills and deaths. So naturally when you delete a character, Bungie no longer has info on that character and cannot supply us with that character's stats. Because of this, your stats here are adjusted accordingly. However we don't use Bungie's API to calculate the DTR score featured on our site (we have our own special algorithm for that). The DTR score is most likely stored in DTR's profile database (along with your username, GT / PSN ID, etc.) so deleting a character would have no effect on that.

Like I said I'm not 100% sure about that, but many people have asked this in the past, and it seems like no one has really gotten a concrete answer. This seems like the most probable outcome when you delete a character though.