Destiny 2 Tracker Network
RhippiN
RhippiN

377 Credits 157 Posts
8 Credit(s) Received

So we all need engrams to level our characters up towards the 290 + light level needed for the raid.
But what really is the quickest and most efficient way of rushing upto the higher light levels?

Well we've tested it all; and here are the results from spending exactly one hour in the given game mode.
It's also worth mentioning that we did the whole test as 285 warlock and kept the same build for all of the testing so everything was representable and repeatable.
We also didn't go into any events as a team; this was done as solo testing

Level 20 Strike Playlist - The Quickest Method

- 14 Rare Engrams
- 5 Rare Armour Pieces
- 4 Rare Weapons
- 1 Rare Ghost Shell

Level 36 Strike Playlist - The Runner Up

- 9 Rare Engrams
- 2 Rare Armour Pieces
- 3 Rare Weapons
- 1 Rare Ghost Shell
- 1 Legendary Engram

Heroic Strike Playlist - Slower than you think

- 7 Rare Engrams
- 2 Rare Armour Pieces
- Legendary Engram

Court Of Oryx - Good for gear below light level 280

- 7 Rare Engrams
- 25 Rare Armour Pieces (All but one below light 285)
- 17 Rare Weapons
- 2 Rare Ghost Shell
- 1 Legendary Engram

Kings Fall Acolyte Loot cave

- 3 Rare Engrams

Crucible - Rumble

- 3 Rare Engrams
The Traveler
The Traveler

30 Credits 198 Posts
2 Credit(s) Received
This post was promoted to the homepage as news! Congratulations. Reputation points were given to OP for their great post.
ViperStrike32
ViperStrike32

0 Credits 3 Posts
So you would suggest the lvl 20 strike playlist for someone over 290 light to grind?
Goosseman
Goosseman

1 Credits 2 Posts
Nice
myTruPain
myTruPain

0 Credits 1 Posts
ViperStrike32 said:So you would suggest the lvl 20 strike playlist for someone over 290 light to grind?
No, people arent realizing that this is for a 285 with set skills, if you can kill things as fast as they are spawning (within reason) in the 36 playlist use it, will be better and give legionaries as well.
The Seroster
The Seroster

0 Credits 1 Posts
About to touch on that myTruePain. I'm not arguing the drop rates I'm about to go chill in the legacy list for a bit, but the chance that a drop or engram will be rated more than 10 above your average light level is slim to none. I believe that had a 290 or 295 guardian taken all those engrams to the cryptarch they would have decrypted to higher light levels
badeentje
badeentje

0 Credits 6 Posts
RhippiN said:

farming

I tryed it just like you did and i think Bungie change a LOT!!

I didnt got much stuff when i did the strikes.
I did it for 2 hours en got half you got.

I still think its still luck that players must have to get good loot.
Like the 3 of a coin.That has changed also.

Before i got 5 exotics in 25 of those things.Now i got 2 in 50.

Why doenst Bungy make a good game and let it be?Every week changing thinks isnt good for the spirit of the players.
Zenithmaru
Zenithmaru

2 Credits 1 Posts
2 Credit(s) Received
COURT OF ORYX will reward players constantly using T-3 runes at a rate of 3 per 1~2 minutes.
- I host a nine-player lobby every week at reset and we never run out of runes. Every half hour, everyone has leveled in eris and we now how 9+ more T3 Runes. Also, Players sometimes leave after they use their runes, and who wants in to replace them? -- that's right, people with runes.

we will be modest and say 1 gear drop per minute as a reward, and leave RNG to the dust (engrams still drop per enemy rate).

ALSO, Court of Oryx, LOL. T3 rewards are 280 - 300 light gear, LOL.