Destiny 2 Tracker Network
Love the site? Show us love
Learn More Donate
vaIantis
vaIantis

3 Credits 3 Posts
I recently deleted a character to restart the class. Since doing so my overall DTR Score seems to be bugged.

I have a Hunter at around 52,000 score, a Warlock at nearly 18,000 and a Titan at a little over 1,000. The thing is that on all of the leader boards it has my overall DTR Score at 54,000. Obviously those numbers don't add up.

Does anyone have any knowledge of why this might be the case?
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
ManSkyy,

Overall DTR Score is not calculated by the sum of your individual characters. It's calculated using the sum of your characters' stats. Think of your overall score being a fourth character that uses all of the stats in the DTR Score calculation.

We do this because simply providing the sum of the three characters would yield an advantage to players who play evenly across their characters. DTR Score becomes more difficult as earn more, so reaching 150,000 total site score by adding three characters with 50,000 each would be easier to acquire over trying to get 150,000 on a single character. I hope that makes sense. By using a abstract fourth character, we can more accurately calculate DTR Score regardless of how many characters a player may use.

For more information related to Site Score, give the Site Score FAQ page a visit. If you still have questions regarding Site Score, drop a reply here or in that thread and I'll get back to you.
vaIantis
vaIantis

3 Credits 3 Posts
Darkened Night said:ManSkyy,

Overall DTR Score is not calculated by the sum of your individual characters. It's calculated using the sum of your characters' stats. Think of your overall score being a fourth character that uses all of the stats in the DTR Score calculation.

We do this because simply providing the sum of the three characters would yield an advantage to players who play evenly across their characters. DTR Score becomes more difficult as earn more, so reaching 150,000 total site score by adding three characters with 50,000 each would be easier to acquire over trying to get 150,000 on a single character. I hope that makes sense. By using a abstract fourth character, we can more accurately calculate DTR Score regardless of how many characters a player may use.

For more information related to Site Score, give the Site Score FAQ page a visit. If you still have questions regarding Site Score, drop a reply here or in that thread and I'll get back to you.

Awesome! Thanks for the reply. It makes sense now. So for me to get it back up to where it was ill need to play on my three characters more evenly (especially my low dtr Titan)?
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
ManSkyy said:Awesome! Thanks for the reply. It makes sense now. So for me to get it back up to where it was ill need to play on my three characters more evenly (especially my low dtr Titan)?

No, you can play on as many character(s) that you'd like. The way we have it set up, playing on one character will have no difference than playing on all three.

Say you play 5 games on your Hunter, and 3 on your Titan. Your total site score would be calculated as if you played 8 games on a single character. As a result you may see scores like this:

Hunter: 250
Titan: 150
Total: 370

This is because your total site score is running on its own (as if you played 8 games on a single character), and isn't simply the addition between your two characters.