Destiny 2 Tracker Network
Love the site? Show us love
Learn More Donate
DELETED
DELETED

0 Credits 230 Posts

Although Bungie has just celebrated Year Two of Destiny with the release the Taken King, Rumours are rife that Destiny 2 is in the works. According to industry insider Gaming Bolt, Bungie is now focusing its sights on a follow up to the original Destiny, now that The Taken King has been released.

The report also mentioned that Bungie will be teaming up with High Moon Studios for help in developing the full version sequel to Destiny. Should the rumours prove true, this will not be the first time that Bungie and High Moon Studios team up for a game title.

Apparently, in the making of Destiny, some of the development works by Bungie were cut out for the final version of the game. These cut out scenes were then handed over to High Moon Studios to work on, making a baseline for either a sequel or an expansion.

Meanwhile, some speculations floating around for a possible Destiny 2. Apparently, the sequel will be called "The Shattered Suns". As for the continuation of the story, Destiny 2 will allegedly be focusing on Osiris and a new enemy, and missions will center on Mercury. The gameplay and story itself will become much more involved and complex than the first one, as it is rumoured that Bungie hired Hollywood writers for the sequel's story.

While rumors of a next "Destiny" game remain as speculations, Guardians still get to enjoy year two o
The Traveler
The Traveler

30 Credits 198 Posts
This post was promoted to the homepage as news! Congratulations. Reputation points were given to OP for their great post.
xxxYerOut
xxxYerOut

1 Credits 1 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
The taken King IS Destiny 2. It is a sequel, not a DLC or add on. If it was, the POE and the (former) raids we enjoyed would not be handing out obsolete weapons, or be a complete waste of time to run... You did a good thing (for a minute) when we were able to ascend up the VOG weapons, only to have them torn away from us (for good?) within months.
aJeenyus
aJeenyus

2 Credits 2 Posts
2 Credit(s) Received
TTK isn't a sequel, it's an expansion.
ccr2385
ccr2385

0 Credits 1 Posts
xxxYerOut said:The taken King IS Destiny 2. It is a sequel, not a DLC or add on. If it was, the POE and the (former) raids we enjoyed would not be handing out obsolete weapons, or be a complete waste of time to run... You did a good thing (for a minute) when we were able to ascend up the VOG weapons, only to have them torn away from us (for good?) within months.

Are you new to video games? It's an expansion. Before you come on here spitting nonsense please know what the hell you are talking about in the first place.
Raayuchiha
Raayuchiha

0 Credits 1 Posts
Sweet more things. . . .
Oct787
Oct787

3 Credits 1 Posts
3 Credit(s) Received
it's better be on next gen console only !!
judyboyRI
judyboyRI

5 Credits 8 Posts
I'll keep paying to play! Why? b/c it's fun as $h!t despite a few hiccups.
Runswithduck
Runswithduck

12 Credits 32 Posts
judyboyRI said:I'll keep paying to play! Why? b/c it's fun as $h!t despite a few hiccups.

yeah me too this game is great for a counsel mmorpg, let the haters hate. its just cause there parents will not buy it for them:)
judyboyRI
judyboyRI

5 Credits 8 Posts
Thanks moderators!
Arazos
Arazos

1 Credits 4 Posts
I think this is how bungie is going to play this out. Full title release (Destiny), standard DLC a few months later (TDB), another standard DLC a few months later (HoW), big expansion (TTK), standard DLC a few months later (Dec-Jan), standard DLC a few months after that (April-June) and finally next title game in Sept (Destiny 2). I personally think this is how they are going to go about this, rinse and repeat this process every two years.
Richie-Bay
Richie-Bay

0 Credits 1 Posts
Scheduled for delivery in September 2016 if bungie's leaked release plan is anything to go by. We'll find out if there is another DLC in January, wouldn't be surprised if they announce a season pass for 2 dlc's around Xmas
Cannyjack
Cannyjack

1 Credits 1 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Man, I hope it's already in development. Should have been in development since, what, somewhere around September 9, 2014?
adrinalyn
adrinalyn

0 Credits 1 Posts
xxxYerOut said:The taken King IS Destiny 2. It is a sequel, not a DLC or add on. If it was, the POE and the (former) raids we enjoyed would not be handing out obsolete weapons, or be a complete waste of time to run... You did a good thing (for a minute) when we were able to ascend up the VOG weapons, only to have them torn away from us (for good?) within months.

TTK is an expansion. it IS a DLC. not a sequel.