Trials of Osiris is back today and with it come several changes and improvements:
- Requires a minimum Character Level of 40
- Requires a minimum Light of 251; Recommended Light is 290
- Winning teams now receive Trials gear rewards directly at the end-of-match completion
- Players that go undefeated on their Passage will continue to be invited to The Lighthouse
- Players may continue to play in the Trials past 9 wins (but rewards are maxed out at 9 wins)
- Trials Passages now have a Details page containing your Boons
- Player must now purchase Boons from the Details page on their Passage instead of from Brother Vance
- Boons can no longer be applied to Trials passages after starting a run
- Trials gear can be purchased from Brother Vance (including some items found at the Lighthouse)
- Brother Vance now has Bounties that award Legendary Marks
- Crucible Bounties can now also be completed in Trials of Osiris
- Matchmaking has been updated to make it more competitive to reach The Lighthouse
"With the changes we've made to matchmaking, there will be a greater chance that the other team will be on the same rung as the ladder as you, making your climb to 9-0 much more meaningful, and those last few matches much more fun for everyone," he said. "Well, almost everyone. Half of everyone?
"With greater risk will come even greater reward," he added. "For those of you who can go the distance, we'll be dropping endgame gear that will rival the Light of those Guardians who have been defeating Oryx in King's Fall Hard Mode. Because we're dropping the gear into the end-of-match stream, you'll be able to lord your rewards over the losing team."