Destiny 2 Tracker Network
repins emanon
repins emanon

0 Credits 5 Posts
Just a random little spewing of words. I've played since the beginning of destiny. I'm by no means the best player around, maybe slightly above average at best. I have had my moments with snipers, and also with shotguns. Now my main question here is, why are nerfs so prominent these days? I have had moments of frustration with snipers, when being one shot in the body. I've also had my frustrations when being slide shotgunned. What do these two things have in common? The fact that I, myself, the player, got killed. Is it the guns fault? Is it the games fault? No, it is my fault for not playing according to the circumstance, making a poor decision, and getting out played. Yes there are some things that come along that need to be addressed to keep pvp somewhat balanced. But constant nerfs in my mind are not the answer. I have been the guy, last man standing, their team has my teams orbs guarded. That thrill of rolling through them 1 by 1 and saving the round one snipe after another. Now I've done the same with a shotgun a few times, sliding in, popping shots and saving the round. I've also been on the receiving end of a wipe that occurs this same way. Now my main point I've been very slowly getting at is that nerfs are simply not necessary. Some perks were better taken away I can agree to that much, but nerfing entire weapon classes because people use them well? That is something I can not agree with. I do get annoyed, frustrated even, when being slaughtered 5-0 in trials by a team that ran all snipers or all shot guns. It happens, but again, the reason my team lost is not the fault of guns. It is the fault of my team and myself, we were out played, did not play smart and we paid the price. At the end of the day the best cure for the "shotgun problem" or "Sniper problem" is practice. Learn your angles, your distances, which ways you can work the map to your advantage. The map its self is a tool to be used in your teams victory. I feel as a community we need to stop screaming for nerfs like little children, and instead we need to step up, practice more, and play harder. We should earn our wins, not have them handed to use by an over nerfed game. Thoughts anyone?
Morarn
Morarn

180 Credits 295 Posts
First, you could paragraph your thoughts which would make it an easier read.

The game is always evolving, with new guns always rotating in. Its easy to balance Halo (BR, AR, Pistol) because of the few guns in the game. But because Destiny has a multitude of weapons and power weapons always available to use, it makes it harder to balance. Shotguns see the most balancing because of their ease-of-use and helplessness of the victim when fighting against a shotgun user as mobility is a huge reason why shotguns have become a prominent force of power.

Snipers need their share of balancing too, but not in the way that players keep complaining about, i.e. the aim assistance stat. Snipers need to have less 'target acquisition', not aim assistance. But I'm not one to start doling out what i think to be proper balancing checks.

There is a bigger issue, however, when you look at the primary weapon issues. Theres always been a single gun or multitude of guns that objectively do better at slaying opponents. Hand Cannons were too good not too long ago and now it is pulse rifles. The problem is that the diversity gets lost and with it, the fun. I prefer to use scout rifles, but when you get murdered at far ranges by a hand cannon or pulse rifle, then what was the point? You could kill faster using on of those guns that you dont care for than a gun you enjoy using. Thats what the balancing issue is, and it goes especially hard on Supers.
repins emanon
repins emanon

0 Credits 5 Posts
As I stated, it was a random spewing of words. Not an essay format document. I could always start dropping chat speak and not use any punctuation at all if you'd prefer. :/
Hi Im Swat
Hi Im Swat

438 Credits 1521 Posts
repins emanon said:As I stated, it was a random spewing of words. Not an essay format document.

There's always a need for paragraphs no matter what you're typing as it can be very hard to read and people tend to not bother with walls of text.