Destiny 2 Tracker Network

This thread is closed

SerfaBoy
SerfaBoy

0 Credits 4 Posts
Hey there,

Is there any information on how much XP is required, per level, after Level 20?

EG: How much XP is required to go from Level 33 to 34?
Hi Im Swat
Hi Im Swat

438 Credits 1521 Posts
None, it's based on light levels of the gear you'r wearing. The higher the number, the better it is and higher your level will be.
SerfaBoy
SerfaBoy

0 Credits 4 Posts
Hey Im Swat said:None, it's based on light levels of the gear you'r wearing. The higher the number, the better it is and higher your level will be.

Nope, you definitely do level up post 20. It was changed with The Taken King.
Hi Im Swat
Hi Im Swat

438 Credits 1521 Posts
SerfaBoy said:

Well, I dunno then as I haven't had any real interest in Destiny since 2014. Try asking Reddit or something as this help forum is for site issues not in game help.
SerfaBoy
SerfaBoy

0 Credits 4 Posts
I figured since the site shows "#% through level #" that there would be some background information regarding how they get these numbers and bring it into the foreground.
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
I'm not sure even we know the exact amounts required for each level (I believe the API returns a percentage point that we simply display for our uses). We never really saw value in determining the exact experience requirements, simply because progression from 1-40 occurs so quickly. The jump from 34-40 can be done by simply completing bounties; and, with most players already being max rank, we never bothered figuring it out.

There's a source on Reddit stating that it takes 210,000 experience to reach 20, but most people hit that threshold with 10 hours or less of gameplay. As far as from 20-40, we simply don't know, sorry! Prior to the release of the Taken King, your level was determined by your gear (as Swat mentioned). This was removed with the Year Two update, and players who were level 34 from their gear were grandfathered into that rank so they didn't fall back to 20 again.
SerfaBoy
SerfaBoy

0 Credits 4 Posts
Darkened Night said:I'm not sure even we know ... they didn't fall back to 20 again.

Thanks for the information. I thought there might be a back-end data pool that translates the XP into a percentage which is shown on the stats page. I'm sad to hear that's not the case.

So far, the table I'm working with seems to be fairly accurate from 1-20, its the following 20 levels I'm unsure about. The main reason I was interested in this was due to other games (like Dark Souls) displaying the amount of XP needed per level, and I wanted to accumulate this data for Destiny so I could figure out a formula for amount of enemy kills needed in order to level up.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, even if there isn't any available data :)

This thread is closed