Destiny 2 Tracker Network
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
Warhawk XBL said:Spartan Racing League? Typo? LoL


Xorth and I both keep doing that, kid you not. I removed that text since its been there for a while. Thanks.
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
cgamid said:How do you link ELO score with destinylfg.net? I saw a player there who had his ELO score visible with his level and light score/grimoire score.


I believe that whenever you post your gamertag or PSN in an LFG post, your Trials Elo is automatically pulled. If you haven't played Trials of Osiris since December 1st, you won't have an Elo value yet.
shootyshoots
shootyshoots

5 Credits 22 Posts
A few questions:
-Can we have varying K-factors now please?
-How do fireteams affect elo? If my two fireteam members get disconnected from a trials game right before we win, does that boost my elo even further? Or is the calculation based off of fireteam size only from the start of the game?
-Why are the minimum elo score cutoffs for divisions like legionnaire tier constantly rising? (example: last month you needed around 1650 now you need 1695 for trials; is this point inflation?)
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
shootyshoots said:A few questions:
-Can we have varying K-factors now please?
-How do fireteams affect elo? If my two fireteam members get disconnected from a trials game right before we win, does that boost my elo even further? Or is the calculation based off of fireteam size only from the start of the game?
-Why are the minimum elo score cutoffs for divisions like legionnaire tier constantly rising? (example: last month you needed around 1650 now you need 1695 for trials; is this point inflation?)


Different K-factors would only come into play when a player reaches a certain range, which slows down to the points gained and lost for those who reach the higher tiers like Grandmaster. Not all Elo systems utilize a multiple K-factor value, some use only a single factor but make it different from what we chose. We went with the traditional 32 because there is no skill matching in Destiny, so values will fluctuate often. Ideally in a chess environment, someone with an Elo of 2200 would not go up against someone with a 1150, but Destiny is a different beast. The other reason for not using multiple K-factors is that the ranges where you typically would implement It haven't been reached (I think it's 2100. 2400 if my recall memory servers me well). Can you justify the benefit of implementing multiple K-factors, even at a different range? Keep in mind that two different K-factors eliminate zero-sum calculation and be aware of oddball cases. I'm open to discussing this further.

Fireteam size from the start of that match. For Trials, Fireteam size will always be "negated" because each Fireteam will register as three on each team.

The cutoffs change because points are becoming diluted. This is supposed to occur, and will slow down as the range flattens out. When everyone started at 1000 Elo, the top 1% would still be 1000 Elo until someone played their match. Maybe after 1000 games or so, we would start to see an upper bound at maybe 1005. This continues as more games are played. As more people play and Elo ratings start to rise, the cutoffs for the top players will rise as well. Points inflation isn't occurring, the change is a result of the bottom extremity expanding, as well as new players playing their Crucible matches (which start their Elo at 1000), whose points can then be spread. The average remains unchanged as Players/Total Elo would be 1000.
Everton Cardoso Acchetta
Everton Cardoso Acchetta

0 Credits 2 Posts
Is there a reason why the elo score isn't updating since 23th?
Vinni-K
Vinni-K

0 Credits 13 Posts
Got myself to 1485 elo rumble which placed me at 19th, had to win over 24 games today and roughly 19 of them straight, however just got a error code as i started a game, just going to watch my elo drop to 1440, for no reason....
Vinni-K
Vinni-K

0 Credits 13 Posts
actually you only dropped me to 1455, thank you so much
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Vinni-K said:Got myself to 1485 elo rumble which placed me at 19th, had to win over 24 games today and roughly 19 of them straight, however just got a error code as i started a game, just going to watch my elo drop to 1440, for no reason....


We can't distinguish between error code disconnects and quits, so any DNFs are counted as a quit unfortunately. Glad to hear the impact wasn't as profound as you expected it. Hopefully you'll make it back up in a game.
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
Everton Cardoso Acchetta said:Is there a reason why the elo score isn't updating since 23th?


I believe the scanner got hung up, are you still experiencing issues?
Everton Cardoso Acchetta
Everton Cardoso Acchetta

0 Credits 2 Posts
Darkened Night said:
Everton Cardoso Acchetta said:Is there a reason why the elo score isn't updating since 23th?


I believe the scanner got hung up, are you still experiencing issues?


No, the dat after I posted it, it was working again! Thanks
Vinni-K
Vinni-K

0 Credits 13 Posts
It took another 3 hours just to get it back up to 1486, but out of the 15 games I played, I only lost 1 due to joining late. But I'm glad to see the system kicking in and not effecting my Elo
The slayer 778
The slayer 778

3 Credits 4 Posts
3 Credit(s) Received
Top 3% for rumble I love the design on the ghost shell
gintellectual
gintellectual

0 Credits 1 Posts
Quick question, how does the JIP reporting work? Does bungie api report on score or time played or is it some other method?
EchoesT
EchoesT

0 Credits 1 Posts
Wow, Legionnaire Tier
Wolverine499
Wolverine499

3 Credits 8 Posts
So I asked a question regarding elo & was directed without much of an answer besides what I kinda already guessed, but I was hoping someone might know what is the difference between the elo found on destiny tracker & trials report? I mean I'd assume different formulas but I was hoping someone might know more details. My elo (trials) is higher on here than all my friends & some top ranked players (such as smoke420, #1 DTR in the game) yet not on Trials report (guardian gg). Any information would be appreciated. And is there a leaderboard somewhere for elo? I can't seem to find one, I'd like to see one specifically for trials. Thanks again.
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
gintellectual said:Quick question, how does the JIP reporting work? Does bungie api report on score or time played or is it some other method?


The API returns the amount of time a player spent in a game, we use that value compared to that of the length.
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
Wolverine499 said:So I asked a question regarding elo & was directed without much of an answer besides what I kinda already guessed, but I was hoping someone might know what is the difference between the elo found on destiny tracker & trials report? I mean I'd assume different formulas but I was hoping someone might know more details. My elo (trials) is higher on here than all my friends & some top ranked players (such as smoke420, #1 DTR in the game) yet not on Trials report (guardian gg). Any information would be appreciated. And is there a leaderboard somewhere for elo? I can't seem to find one, I'd like to see one specifically for trials. Thanks again.


There are three primary differences:

1) DestinyTracker starts its value at 1000, while Trials Report uses a base 1200.
2) Trials Report has been tracking since the launch of the Taken King, we've been tracking since December 1st, 2015.
3) DestinyTracker modifies Elo changes in contrast with quits, join in progress, and fire team sizes. Trials Report likely has a different approach (if any) to these elements, so you might see a discrepancy there. The original post in this thread discloses exactly how we make those changes.

We do have an Elo leaderboard. A link can be found on the fifth element on the leaderboard drop down menu. You can also access it from this link.
Wolverine499
Wolverine499

3 Credits 8 Posts
Darkened Night said:
Wolverine499 said:So I asked a question regarding elo & was directed without much of an answer besides what I kinda already guessed, but I was hoping someone might know what is the difference between the elo found on destiny tracker & trials report? I mean I'd assume different formulas but I was hoping someone might know more details. My elo (trials) is higher on here than all my friends & some top ranked players (such as smoke420, #1 DTR in the game) yet not on Trials report (guardian gg). Any information would be appreciated. And is there a leaderboard somewhere for elo? I can't seem to find one, I'd like to see one specifically for trials. Thanks again.


There are three primary differences:

1) DestinyTracker starts its value at 1000, while Trials Report uses a base 1200.
2) Trials Report has been tracking since the launch of the Taken King, we've been tracking since December 1st, 2015.
3) DestinyTracker modifies Elo changes in contrast with quits, join in progress, and fire team sizes. Trials Report likely has a different approach (if any) to these elements, so you might see a discrepancy there. The original post in this thread discloses exactly how we make those changes.

We do have an Elo leaderboard. A link can be found on the fifth element on the leaderboard drop down menu. You can also access it from this link.


Thank you very much, that gave me a good idea of what I was looking for 👍🏼 Idk why I couldn't find that leaderboard too, thanks again!
Dominater403
Dominater403

0 Credits 1 Posts
hi
DeaTHrone30
DeaTHrone30

0 Credits 1 Posts
I don't think this is fair because I do really good in mayhem clash but my elo drops cause of the loss. Its not fair to me that I get put on teams who cant hold their own. BTW I'm talking about my ps4 acc its deaththrone30