Destiny 2 Tracker Network
Ur DlDacta
Ur DlDacta

0 Credits 1 Posts
"Free for all" if you are second or third should increase your points, but that is proportional, you can be the best player in the game, be second, show more skill, but you lose points, is absurd. Winning should not be the only requirement, there are more things to keep in mind, your ELO system should be modified. Please.

For example, currently: +10 points win, lose (second) --10 points, I propose, win +10 points, second +5 and third +2, this would be more fair. (Numbers are examples, points will be added using the formula but does miss being first).
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
Dominater403 said:hi

Hello.
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
DeaTHrone30 said:I don't think this is fair because I do really good in mayhem clash but my elo drops cause of the loss. Its not fair to me that I get put on teams who cant hold their own. BTW I'm talking about my ps4 acc its deaththrone30

Elo ratings are simply one of the many offerings we provide to our users to help summarize their statistics. The Elo formula is solely win/loss, and was implemented to cater to competitive players who typically play with teams. In your case, you may have better luck looking into TrueSkill or Site Score, which offer incentives to playing well in your matches.
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Ur DlDacta said:"Free for all" if you are second or third should increase your points, but that is proportional, you can be the best player in the game, be second, show more skill, but you lose points, is absurd. Winning should not be the only requirement, there are more things to keep in mind, your ELO system should be modified. Please.

For example, currently: +10 points win, lose (second) --10 points, I propose, win +10 points, second +5 and third +2, this would be more fair. (Numbers are examples, points will be added using the formula but does miss being first).

The Elo formula is solely based off of wins and losses, any changes that go beyond dealing with the way points are handled with respect to this would require us to name this feature something else. Points are awarded and taken away depending on the probability of you placing in a specific location. If you are up against two players who are significantly better than you, with the remaining players being below, the probability is likely to estimate that you will finish third. Finishing below that threshold will then decrease your Elo rating, though to what degree is really dependent on how far away from where you were expected to perform.

There are concerns with using static values in place of the current set up:
- Elo is inherently zero sum. Points that are awarded to one player are taken away from another. Making points static could make sense if we conversely subtracted 2, 5, and 10 points, but ideally those who place last in game will suffer huge decreases, even if they are unfairly matched out of their skill range.
- The same occurs conversely, where simply winning games against anyone will determine the top spot. Players could boost with friends knowing well that their score will continue to increase at the same constant rate.

Consider a scenario where someone is a two-year running veteran of Destiny's Crucible. They're a star player and have set ups for everything. In a Rumble match, that veteran pitted against five first-time players, who haven't even finished the game's original campaign. The probability (based on that player's Elo) predicts that this veteran player will undoubtedly come in first, their Elo rating is simply way too high to expect anything else. They place last. The formula looks at this information and adjusts their Elo accordingly; they take a larger hit because the predicted outcome was so far from what it was supposed to be.

To add, it's difficult to pinpoint what makes someone "the best player in the game, be second, show more skill". We cannot use K/D, that would be unfair to those who win their matches by playing the objective (which is the win the round) and grant those who have no interest in going for the win a chance to have the highest score (through camping or other means).
Ozzyeatworld
Ozzyeatworld

0 Credits 2 Posts
Hey,

Anyone know why my ELO would go down by almost 100points over night when I have actually been playing better? :S
Quinlan7
Quinlan7

1 Credits 2 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
LOL if you look at my win ratio compared to my K/D, it wouldn't even really make any sense XD. Now most of the games I play I usually end up losing because of bad "team work" (AKA the other randoms). Now I've played against a couple of people who are actually ranked legionnaire and they're not that good surprisingly. They usually play in team of 6 and they mainly win all of their games because they like to pubstomp. Now I'm actually a solo player who plays 6v6 a lot and I don't like it when people think they're good when they're ranked pretty high for something and they play an actual good player and they get rekt. Elo honestly doesn't really make any sense to me because I just lose a lot of games even though I'm doing well in all of them.
Win ratio: 0.47
K/D ratio : 2.85 on my main. ;)
SeaWolv
SeaWolv

1 Credits 3 Posts
said:Using the probability calculated in the previous step, a player's Elo change becomes the difference of their standing in the match minute that calculated probability:

Huh?? Did you mean to say "minus"?
SeaWolv
SeaWolv

1 Credits 3 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
I played 45 matches of Control yesterday (fathers day so the wife let me play as much as I wanted) on my Titan. Of those 45 matches I only quit 2 (other players bailed so I did) and I only won 22. I ended the day with a 1.46 k/d overall. What I have a hard time understanding is why metrics like Elo and DTR weigh win percentage so heavily. I have no control over what players SBMM groups me with. Often times in Control players play for kills and not objectives. I can't tell you how many matches I was the only player trying to cap a second Zone. One of the matches I played on, Frontier I believe, we ended the match with a win but only myself and one other player captured any zones the other 4 didn't even capture one!? Then there's the issue of real skill. Clearly some players are better than their ranking and others are worse. Not sure why I should be punished for playing well on a team of players who didn't play well. The way Elo is set up with winning as a significant factor punishes solo players like myself and rewards players who play in large fire teams. Yes I understand there is a modifier for larger teams but I think winning should be less of a factor, not a non-factor but give it less of a weighting. Not everyone has a large list of similarly skilled friends to run with in Crucible.

My Titan k/d is 1.06
Warlock 1.18
Hunter 1.40
Source Renegade
Source Renegade

0 Credits 3 Posts
I've been playing mayhem rumble and won three games by a landslide and it should put me to top 200 but it hasn't added the ELO so?.......
ninjamurder14
ninjamurder14

0 Credits 6 Posts
My ELO score isn't showing up for Supremacy and i've played 60+ matches. Is there a minimum matches played requirement? Didn't see the answer in here so sorry if I missed it. Love the site, btw! Thanks!
Hello Im Swat
Hello Im Swat

438 Credits 1521 Posts
Hi, @ninjamurder14

ELO is currently lagging behind due to issues within the Bungie API. Once it's caught up, it should update to your latest ELO score.
ninjamurder14
ninjamurder14

0 Credits 6 Posts
Hey Im Swat said:Hi, @ninjamurder14

ELO is currently lagging behind due to issues within the Bungie API. Once it's caught up, it should update to your latest ELO score.

Ok, cool. Thanks!
The Dude Mute
The Dude Mute

0 Credits 2 Posts
Hello. I've neve had my elo show up for trials which is the main thing I care about. Is there a way to get mine to show up? I messaged whoever I was supposed to in the op but never heard back. Any help would be appreciated.
Hello Im Swat
Hello Im Swat

438 Credits 1521 Posts
@The Dude Mute

The Dude Mute
The Dude Mute

0 Credits 2 Posts
Hey Im Swat said:@The Dude Mute

I stopped playing towards the end of last year then came back recently so I didn't know if that had anything to do with it. It seems to have updated my elo for supremacy but not banner or trials.

If it's just a matter of waiting then that is fine. Thanks for the response.
l MaxxOne l
l MaxxOne l

0 Credits 1 Posts
Hey Im Swat said:@The Dude Mute

it still Shows me my elo until 2nd october
Hello Im Swat
Hello Im Swat

438 Credits 1521 Posts
@l MaxxOne l]

My previous post is still valid as the Bungie API was down for a week which means there is a lot of games to be collected. It will catch up eventually.

Thanks for your patience.
demonbeman
demonbeman

0 Credits 3 Posts
I looked this over twice and still have no answer to my question. My ELO is changing so drastically for a few losses. I win more than I lose and I lost an entire rank for 1 loss. I went from 97% platinum 1 to 99% platinum 2. How does that work.
Hello Im Swat
Hello Im Swat

438 Credits 1521 Posts
Hey, @demonbeman

Please link your gaming account to yoru DestinyTracker.com account so we can help you properly. Click here to do this. Until you do this, we can't give you proper support.
cjpk248
cjpk248

0 Credits 3 Posts
Is there a method to petition an ELO adjustment? I was DDoSed and fell ~70 points from one match.