Destiny 2 Tracker Network
DiffizzIe
DiffizzIe

20 Credits 18 Posts
On Monday, December 28th I finished ToO with a DTR score of 242,860. On Tuesday the 29th I played 3 games, on Wednesday the 30th I played 39 games, and on Thursday the 31st I played 21 games for a total of 63 games. I lost 4 out of 63 going 59 wins - 4 losses. Now I have 242,769 for a loss of 91 points. How do I have less DTR points after a 59 - 4 run? This is the 2nd time in the last month this has occurred. Any thoughts?
Yin
Yin

309 Credits 336 Posts
Site Score becomes harder to accrue as your site score increases; while there technically is no limit to site score, it eventually becomes too difficult to maintain and you will experience a leveling-off when it comes to acquiring score. You've reach this threshold, site score will be immensely difficult to come by and very easy to lose.

More information on Site Score can be found in our help thread.
DiffizzIe
DiffizzIe

20 Credits 18 Posts
"too difficult to maintain" for who/what? One would think every player is operating under the same algorithm, is point awarding different from one player to another?
shootyshoots
shootyshoots

5 Credits 22 Posts
4 Credit(s) Received
DiffizzIe said:"too difficult to maintain" for who/what? One would think every player is operating under the same algorithm, is point awarding different from one player to another?

Darkened Knight is saying your DTR score will eventually level off like a logarithmic curve and become increasingly difficult to remain at your current score. Also, we are under the assumption that, yes, all players operate under the same algorithm.
There is no way for players to calculate this algorithm, which means players can never truly understand or appreciate this value (other than a vague sum of kills, wins, medals, etc.). Nor will the Destiny Tracker staff reveal this calculation due to fear of exploitation.
DiffizzIe
DiffizzIe

20 Credits 18 Posts
3 Credit(s) Received
I have read the 'help thread' link, I will have to keep my losses down to 1 or 2 per 100 games, seems to be working just fine, I added 1,228 points today. Thanks for the help.
Yin
Yin

309 Credits 336 Posts
DiffizzIe said:I have read the 'help thread' link, I will have to keep my losses down to 1 or 2 per 100 games, seems to be working just fine, I added 1,228 points today. Thanks for the help.

Shooty is absolutely correct, Site Score operates on a logarithmic curve, which slows down for all users once they reach their "peak". This allows the top players to be more competitive, rather than have score continue to accumulate forever.
DiffizzIe
DiffizzIe

20 Credits 18 Posts
This is a good feature, I am all for making it more competitive, otherwise it becomes just piling on points, it is another level of challenge.. Just didn't know..