Destiny 2 Tracker Network
xxEVILMONKYxx
xxEVILMONKYxx

6 Credits 10 Posts
http://destinytracker.com/Forums/Post/20594/6/regional-leaderboards-issue-follow-up

Hi All,

Still having issues trying to join a regional leaderboard. Linked the previous post in case it helps.

For reference, I am looking to join Canada - Ontario - Toronto. Sorry for the no reply in my previous thread.
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Just to make sure, have you clicked the 'yes' on the red alert message that says "Are the above results inaccurate or blank" and attempted to enter 'Toronto' in the search box that appears. I'll forward to an admin with the details if things are still not working for you, this issue seems to have been going on for quite some time.
xxEVILMONKYxx
xxEVILMONKYxx

6 Credits 10 Posts
Darkened Night said:Just to make sure, have you clicked the 'yes' on the red alert message that says "Are the above results inaccurate or blank" and attempted to enter 'Toronto' in the search box that appears. I'll forward to an admin with the details if things are still not working for you, this issue seems to have been going on for quite some time.


Yeah I've tried saving the "Lets take a guess first" results, they always show up correctly for what it's worth. After attempting this / refreshing multiple times it never works. I also tried manually filling in the information, again nothing permanently saves. It makes it seem like it's working, just never actually registers on my Crucible page or places me on the regional leaderboards.

I should note that I not only tried the above on multiple different browsers I did multiple browsers across various versions of the Windows OS. Unless I buy mac book I'm not too sure what else I can do lol.

Thanks for the prompt replies though, I just gotta remember to actually post responses myself instead of just hitting preview...
B
B

60 Credits 45 Posts
xxEVILMONKYxx said:
Darkened Night said:Just to make sure, have you clicked the 'yes' on the red alert message that says "Are the above results inaccurate or blank" and attempted to enter 'Toronto' in the search box that appears. I'll forward to an admin with the details if things are still not working for you, this issue seems to have been going on for quite some time.


Yeah I've tried saving the "Lets take a guess first" results, they always show up correctly for what it's worth. After attempting this / refreshing multiple times it never works. I also tried manually filling in the information, again nothing permanently saves. It makes it seem like it's working, just never actually registers on my Crucible page or places me on the regional leaderboards.

I should note that I not only tried the above on multiple different browsers I did multiple browsers across various versions of the Windows OS. Unless I buy mac book I'm not too sure what else I can do lol.

Thanks for the prompt replies though, I just gotta remember to actually post responses myself instead of just hitting preview...


How often after you select Toronto do you try it again? Sometimes it takes a few hours to properly save your data so if you keep doing it over and over you may just be refreshing the wait time.
xxEVILMONKYxx
xxEVILMONKYxx

6 Credits 10 Posts
B said:
How often after you select Toronto do you try it again? Sometimes it takes a few hours to properly save your data so if you keep doing it over and over you may just be refreshing the wait time.


Varies from a couple hours, to a day, to a week, to a few months. It's been attempted dozens of times over the last calendar year or so.
xxEVILMONKYxx
xxEVILMONKYxx

6 Credits 10 Posts
Just thought I'd bump this thread. Help me make Canada proud boys!
xxEVILMONKYxx
xxEVILMONKYxx

6 Credits 10 Posts
Should I be following this up with bumps or should I PM staff or something?
Hello Im Swat
Hello Im Swat

438 Credits 1521 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
xxEVILMONKYxx said:


Staff don't come here much as they can be busy but I will flag this to Xorth (admin/site owner) who will look into this.

Very sorry for how long this is taking to be fixed.
xxEVILMONKYxx
xxEVILMONKYxx

6 Credits 10 Posts
5 Credit(s) Received
Hey Im Swat said:
xxEVILMONKYxx said:


Staff don't come here much as they can be busy but I will flag this to Xorth (admin/site owner) who will look into this.

Very sorry for how long this is taking to be fixed.


Thanks buddy, appreciate all the help so far. Just trying to make sure I go through the proper channels.
xorth
xorth

644 Credits 527 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
xxEVILMONKYxx said:
Hey Im Swat said:
xxEVILMONKYxx said:


Staff don't come here much as they can be busy but I will flag this to Xorth (admin/site owner) who will look into this.

Very sorry for how long this is taking to be fixed.


Thanks buddy, appreciate all the help so far. Just trying to make sure I go through the proper channels.


I'm very sorry for the long wait. The simple solution is, there are two user names attached to your gamertag. One is you, and the other is "Doug". The solution to this is to remove the gamertag from one of them. If you don't own Doug or if you want to go the quick route, then go to your gamertag settings and click Verify, and then go update your stats, and you will appear on the leaderboards in ~30 mins. If not, please reply to me and I will help ya out.
xxEVILMONKYxx
xxEVILMONKYxx

6 Credits 10 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
xorth said:
xxEVILMONKYxx said:
Hey Im Swat said:
xxEVILMONKYxx said:


Staff don't come here much as they can be busy but I will flag this to Xorth (admin/site owner) who will look into this.

Very sorry for how long this is taking to be fixed.


Thanks buddy, appreciate all the help so far. Just trying to make sure I go through the proper channels.


I'm very sorry for the long wait. The simple solution is, there are two user names attached to your gamertag. One is you, and the other is "Doug". The solution to this is to remove the gamertag from one of them. If you don't own Doug or if you want to go the quick route, then go to your gamertag settings and click Verify, and then go update your stats, and you will appear on the leaderboards in ~30 mins. If not, please reply to me and I will help ya out.


I believe the above solved the problem. I was able to login to "Doug" (Microsoft Account signin) and remove the GT from the account. As soon as I logged back in to the "xxEVILMONKYxx" account and saved my location it was showing that it properly saved. It did not have ranks yet but I believe this is normal.

Thanks for your help, Darkened and Swift were also very helpful in the troubleshooting process. Sorry to trouble you guys for an error that was clearly my own fault.
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Thanks for remaining patient throughout. We're somewhat short staffed on development, so its common that we fall behind on individual support requests in light of releasing new features or otherwise. Again, thanks for your patience, glad things finally got resolved.