Destiny 2 Tracker Network
RhippiN
RhippiN

377 Credits 157 Posts
3 Credit(s) Received
The Traveler
The Traveler

30 Credits 198 Posts
This post was promoted to the homepage as news! Congratulations. Reputation points were given to OP for their great post.
David Wine
David Wine

0 Credits 1 Posts
yes shotguns are way too overpowered all everyone does is shotgun making the game have no diversity
Discoe
Discoe

0 Credits 1 Posts
I definitely agree shotguns are in a good place. I would also say even though the skill gap on snipers has increased, when in the right hands they are still deadly. Which leaves the majority of the balance issues for primaries vs secondaries. However, unlike most people's opinions on how to buff primaries I think usability increases instead of damage are the way to go. If primaries more often had their optimal ttk then I don't think we'd see so many problems, but most primaries are inaccurate and fairly clunky. So equip speed, reload speed, range vs accuracy and stability(since you basically require this on every gun) need some re-tuning.
Itz Baddy
Itz Baddy

1 Credits 8 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
In my opinion, shotties are fine where they are. That is not what's broken. What IS broken is the fact that while Bungie reduces DPS at further range, they don't increase DPS at closer range. Shotties are a close range weapon and should therefore be extremely dangerous to use. At premium shotty range, it's a one shot kill, the same should be true for let's say a scout rifle. Scout rifle x does y damage at z range. That dps needs to be upped in increments of 10% for every 10% of range reduction. Use a shotty? OK, better not get hit though, because no my scout rifle that does 30 dps @ z range now does 300 dps at closer range and is also a 1 shot weapon. It's the relative impunity of using the shotty that breaks the mechanic. The risk/reward scenario is entirely skewed in favor of the shotgun.
ZTG AntillusR
ZTG AntillusR

0 Credits 1 Posts
Fair point baddy. It's really not being killed point blank by a shottie I've had problems with. It's being one shot by the spread or killed from a distance when the shottie isn't a slug. As a weapon enthusiast I understand how shot guns work, and the effectiveness of the spread in pvp kills me personally at how broken it is. Also agree about the Dps at close range from single shot weapons like scout rifles and hand cannons.
rfwhisper
rfwhisper

0 Credits 1 Posts
Are shotguns too powerful: Yes

Shotguns are too powerful in two comparisons:
1.) In relationship between side arms and fusion rifles
2.) In relationship between primaries

With that said, shotguns, for the most part, play really well. Although I'm going to suggest what is essentially a nerf to shotguns, I wouldn't actually change anything about shotguns themselves.

Sidearms and fusion rifles are too weak to move people off of shotguns. One of the corrections to shotguns would be to boost the competitiveness of sidearms and fusions rifles. Sidearms probably need a bit of damage boost to make them more competitive. Fusion rifles I think may need a quicker charge time and perhaps make them a bit more consistent when being used (if that is stability, range, accuracy, bloom, whatever). With sidearms and fusion rifles being more competitive, that would help balance out shotgun use.

Primaries I think are balanced and in a good place in general. What I do see is very bad shotgun play not being punished sufficiently by primary weapons. I think primaries may need something akin to the flinch mechanism boosted with snipers - a stagger mechanism against shotguns. Something that throws off someone just straight on running with a shotgun at someone with a primary. I would only add this mechanism to primary weapons - so no change to how sidearms, fusions and snipers work. Yes, this mechanism would be a nerf to shotguns - but I think it is a good change in boosting the effectiveness of primary weapons.
ajtonio
ajtonio

0 Credits 1 Posts
yes shotguns are way too powerfull destiny needs only look at the game division and the reason a lot of people let the game including me shotguns to powerfull ruining game play
UltraPikey
UltraPikey

0 Credits 6 Posts
Shotguns are so under powered now it's not even funny. They have been nerfed into the ground so much it's unfair. Close range and tongue tickling distance they should be one shot one kill end of discussion. Maybe drop the range a smidge and decrease the stability on Full Auto Shotguns. But unless you get God Rolls on a shotgun these days they useless in Crucible/PvE and you'd have more chance of killing someone with a half eaten donut.
Ars Symphinity
Ars Symphinity

0 Credits 19 Posts
[

Saying shotguns are too powerful at this point of time is ridiculous. They're so damn inconsistent it literally makes zero sense. I can use a PC w/ max range at point blank range and kill an enemy one moment and the next moment do the exact same thing and that person will live. I can literally get a CRIT with a shotgun by aiming at someone's head and they'll survive and then get shot from the same distance and get one-shot bodied. The problem with shotguns is that the damage they do are pretty much all RNG based. It is wayyyy more risky to use a shotgun than any other special weapon. A solid fusion rifle like Saladin's Vigil can destroy me before I'm halfway to my target with a shotgun. The same thing is possible with a sidearm or a sniper rifle. The reason why shotguns have come into prominence is not because they're OP or too powerful, but because standard special weapons have been nerfed and shotguns are the go to weapon to rush other people with. Other special weapons have the potential of being wayyy better than shotguns but people don't want to be bothered to learn how to use other special weapons. Shotguns are just easy to use. As are perfectly rolled, no recoil pulse rifles. Buff other specials and shotguns will become irrelevant.
Nub McWeaksauce
Nub McWeaksauce

1 Credits 1 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
I feel like it's not how powerful the weapons themselves are, it's how much special ammo is given in a match. You shouldn't be able to use a shotty or a sniper the entire game. Not spawning with special ammo would allow primaries more room to shine.
TrueRadiantFree
TrueRadiantFree

0 Credits 8 Posts
Yes.