Destiny 2 Tracker Network
#Ask 

This thread is closed

Avy
Avy

30 Credits 33 Posts
You got questions? Someone might have the answers!

Ask a question about anything- life, relationships or work and anyone can answer it!?

I'll start:

My husband's birthday is this week, but I don't know what to get him. He's a Type 1 diabetic, but he likes candy... Should I get him candy or what else should I get him?
---------------------
Oh, he also likes music stuff...
Sorge
Sorge

107 Credits 52 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
If you really want to get him candy, try to find some sugar-free candy (that's actually sugar-free, read the nutrition info and stuff) and even then be careful about how much and whatnot. If you want to get something else, just whatever else he's interested in that won't negatively effect him due to the diabetes, I suppose.
Avy
Avy

30 Credits 33 Posts
Wow, I can't believe I didn't think of that. Thank you! :)
hellraizer87
hellraizer87

60 Credits 15 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Something he might like is some Sugar Free Water taffy. Those things are awesome!! My step dad eats them and he is also a Diabetic.
Avy
Avy

30 Credits 33 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Ok, I have this new crazy dilemma. My sister is getting married and she just asked me to be her maid of honor. I'm wondering why she's asking me because she has a best friend or did have a best friend. I'm wondering if the reason why she's asking me is because she's burned all her bridges and her friends don't want to be her maid of honor. I want to... because I'm her sister, but I also don't want to because she's been so mean to me in the past and I just feel like if anything goes wrong at all, she's going to blame me for it. She gets crazy angry and she's totally one of those bridezilla types. I just don't want to deal with all of her drama. But again, she's my sister and I love her... So should I agree to be her maid of honor or tell her I don't have time for that kind of responsibility?
Sorge
Sorge

107 Credits 52 Posts
4 Credit(s) Received
If I'm correct, being a Maid of Honor (Technically it's Matron of Honor since you're married, thanks, Wikipedia.) is the female equivalent of being a Best Man, which is an enormous honor. And I really doubt if something goes wrong you will be blamed, even if you two have had issues with each other. From what the internet has told me, there is absolutely nothing that you could POSSIBLY screw up that could ruin the wedding. And if she blames you, oh well. Chances are, sometime she'll realize that it wasn't your fault, that she was just angry without thinking. Do what you think you should do, but if I was in your shoes, I would go, put aside your differences, at least on her day.
SuffrN
SuffrN

24 Credits 16 Posts
4 Credit(s) Received
Avy said:Ok, I have this new crazy dilemma. My sister is getting married and she just asked me to be her maid of honor. I'm wondering why she's asking me because she has a best friend or did have a best friend. I'm wondering if the reason why she's asking me is because she's burned all her bridges and her friends don't want to be her maid of honor. I want to... because I'm her sister, but I also don't want to because she's been so mean to me in the past and I just feel like if anything goes wrong at all, she's going to blame me for it. She gets crazy angry and she's totally one of those bridezilla types. I just don't want to deal with all of her drama. But again, she's my sister and I love her... So should I agree to be her maid of honor or tell her I don't have time for that kind of responsibility?

id say if it involves Marriage but all past drama aside for the time being....be your sisters Maid of Honor..because she is your sister...Marriage is supposed to be a special event that only happens once in a life...even tho sometimes it happens more then once. Its all about the Memories, and Choices at the end of the day, thats all we have =)...my family members had some similar issues, dealing with each other, and 'in the moment" drama....but you just have to be Strong for others and try not to let little things bother you and Enjoy it ....if that helps or makes since...i hope all works out in the end for you and your family.
Avy
Avy

30 Credits 33 Posts
Sorge said:If I'm correct, being a Maid of Honor (Technically it's Matron of Honor since you're married, thanks, Wikipedia.) is the female equivalent of being a Best Man, which is an enormous honor. And I really doubt if something goes wrong you will be blamed, even if you two have had issues with each other. From what the internet has told me, there is absolutely nothing that you could POSSIBLY screw up that could ruin the wedding. And if she blames you, oh well. Chances are, sometime she'll realize that it wasn't your fault, that she was just angry without thinking. Do what you think you should do, but if I was in your shoes, I would go, put aside your differences, at least on her day.

I agree, I feel like I should be the bigger person in this situation and be her matron of honor. However, she actually did try to ruin my wedding day. I asked her to be my maid of honor and a week before the wedding, she got upset about something that wasn't her business- something that had nothing to do with her, and she said that she wasn't going to be in the wedding anymore. And then on my wedding day she agreed to be in my wedding, but she wasn't going to be my maid of honor. So, for my wedding, I didn't have a maid of honor- because of her.
You're right though, I should put differences aside & suck it up & be the better person... but it's so hard when she's always been the spoiled little brat in my life.

Has anyone else been in this kind of conundrum? It's like I know what's right, but I don't want her to get away with what she did to me. I feel like I should talk to her about how her past choices have affected me. Do you think it'll help?
Incubad
Incubad

45 Credits 9 Posts
4 Credit(s) Received
Pretty sure you're over thinking this whole situation. Shes your sister and you know her more than anyone else. That's why. It'll be fine just do your best.
Avy
Avy

30 Credits 33 Posts
Incubad said:Pretty sure you're over thinking this whole situation. Shes your sister and you know her more than anyone else. That's why. It'll be fine just do your best.

I'm not sure how I'm over-thinking it.

Try to see it from my point of view:

Your brother or best friend was supposed to be your best man before your wedding and a week before the wedding he bales on you and doesn't even go to your bachelor party. Now, 6 years later, after never having appologized or hardly talking to you, he announces he's getting married and he wants you to be his best man for his wedding. How would you feel?

You're right though, I do know my sister and what a blam! she can be...
I feel like I should help her with her wedding to show that I can be the better person, but at the same time I'm like; well did you really help me with my wedding? Did I mention that she was supposed to plan my bachelorette party & then totally baled on me? I know she's family, but she didn't even appologize for what she did. Should I tell her how I feel?

This thread is closed