Destiny 2 Tracker Network
Love the site? Show us love
Learn More Donate

This thread is closed

Sorge
Sorge

107 Credits 52 Posts
So last night, I was playin' a game, and it froze. After pulling the plug on my Xbox and rebooting it, everything is a lot slower. Not only that, but it says I have no profiles on the console (there'll be a picture of what the screen says at the bottom). I know the accounts weren't deleted, because I can still use my primary account on Xbox.com. I've already posted this on the Microsoft help forums, but god knows how long they'll take to respond and if they'll even be any help. So, if anyone has any idea what happened and how to fix it, it would be much appreciated.
EDIT: It supposedly erased my entire hard drive but at the same time, the console also says I have the same amount of free space on it as before the incident. I'll probably have to send it in to Microsoft, but if I permanently lose all my stuff, I'm gonna be pretty pissed.
TheBigL
TheBigL

252 Credits 504 Posts
Could be a harddrive issue perhaps? Have you tried contacting XB support via twitter? They are usually pretty quick to help.
Liar
Liar

30 Credits 13 Posts
I'm pretty sure you've already tried rebooting it over and over again and detaching and attaching the HDD. It's weird that after a frozen screen this happened. Maybe the game was saving when it froze?? If so that could be the problem with the hard drive...
M O N K E Y
M O N K E Y

46 Credits 32 Posts
Have you tried re-downloading the profiles?
Sorge
Sorge

107 Credits 52 Posts
M O N K E Y said:Have you tried re-downloading the profiles?
I receive an error message every time I try.
Sorge
Sorge

107 Credits 52 Posts
Alright so I talked with Support and got everything figured out. Thanks anyways.
Liar
Liar

30 Credits 13 Posts
What was it?
Sorge
Sorge

107 Credits 52 Posts
Liar said:What was it?
Corrupted hard drive, gonna have to get a new one.
TheBigL
TheBigL

252 Credits 504 Posts
Boom.. called it.

Was your xbox registered? Did they offer to send a replacement? Or was it completely out of the warranty period?
M O N K E Y
M O N K E Y

46 Credits 32 Posts
they should of offered to replace the hd
Sorge
Sorge

107 Credits 52 Posts
I didn't even talk to them about warranty or replacement or any of that stuff. It would probably be easier for me to just go to Best Buy or Gamestop or wherever and get one there anyways.
Morarn
Morarn

180 Credits 295 Posts
And this is why games tell you to not turn off the power while it is saving
Sorge
Sorge

107 Credits 52 Posts
Morarn said:And this is why games tell you to not turn off the power while it is saving
Guess so. lol
RieverStyx20
RieverStyx20

1 Credits 4 Posts
XBOX 360 is having some service problems in my area where you pick the game in the disc drive and then the screen goes black. Then when you press to pull up the dashboard it freezes. This happens intermittently. There was a note about it in their support page about a week ago.
Jennie
Jennie

92 Credits 146 Posts
I started running into this issue too with my 360 Slim. Every time I would launch a downloaded game it would freeze. My HDD wasn't full or even close to being full, but I deleted some games just to be sure, but it didn't help. I, of course, searched the internet for any fixes some people might have for the issue, and one recommended clearing the HDD cache. So I cleared the cache and since then it's worked just fine. No freezing, sluggishness is pretty much gone.

I am sure the Xbox Support folks had you do that, though.

This thread is closed