Destiny 2 Tracker Network
RhippiN
RhippiN

377 Credits 157 Posts
Hey all; i just want us to discuss what tweaks should be made before the game launches; this is a beta for a reason!

- Reduce the fire rate of the Interceptor (OP as heck right now)
- Reduce the fire rate of the 'Golden gun'
- No quit ban or punishment when you leave a game that starts without a full lobby (happened to me)

List and discuss your views!
Halo 4
Halo 4

31 Credits 28 Posts
Make that warlock blast thing disappear...
Kibosh
Kibosh

18 Credits 9 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Take away that stupid shield on the turret. At least leave me a little peep hole to snipe them through!
Tyyger
Tyyger

521 Credits 288 Posts
RippinHeads said:Hey all; i just want us to discuss what tweaks should be made before the game launches; this is a beta for a reason!
- Reduce the fire rate of the 'Golden gun'

The Golden gun is fairly weak in the beta compared to the warlocks, and the titans super. Given that the beta is team death match + zone control... They can both clear out an entire zone with their super getting 3+ kills in one.

Where as, hunters with the golden gun... granted are the ones who can get long range -one shot- kills... but it also requires more aiming / under fire you will die instantly and only get one kill.

When used properly though, it can destroy house... it just takes practice, and the large portion of hunters will not used it as effectively as it could be.

So i don't think a nerf is needed.

---------

Personally, i think the tower needs a way to practice using your new gun / newly modded gun in the tower. It's painstaking to have to go to orbit, go to earth, find a mob... wait for the same mob to respawn... just to check if your 61 damage scout rifle is better at X distance than your 57 auto...

A dummy, or shooting gallery / range would be perfect way to allow people to practice / check their weapons.

Also, the "go to orbit" then click where you want to go, is so stupid... i feel like it would have been better as a tab in the menu... so you can skip the unnecessary loading screen to get to orbit, then to get to the planet.

AR to the Knee
AR to the Knee

12 Credits 14 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
The Destiny beta was the best beta I've ever played by far. The PVE was great and the PVP was very fun as well. That being said, I definitely have come complaints as well.

First off, the hand cannon and pulse rifles are ridiculously weak. There was no reason to use them. Scout rifle was great from distance but AR absolutely destroyed it at both close AND mid range. I think the AR in general definitely needs a decent nerf. I used the scout rifle at first, but once I figured out how great the AR was at every range except for very long, there was no reason to use anything else. I'm not sure exactly how I feel about spawning with sniper/shotgun/fusion with so much plentiful ammo. I mean if you really wanted to you could use nothing but your special weapons the whole time and not really run out of ammo. I do like the way they did heavy ammo though. I like that it was on a timer and that it could be shared with teammates.

I also didn't like the moon map, but that was mainly because of how often it came up and because of the vehicles/turrets. The vehicles are ridiculously OP and break the flow of the game. Venus was my favorite map by far, but the other two iron banner maps were good as well.

I don't like that the warlock and titan supers grant them temporary invulnerability while it is charging up and yet with the hunters you can get melted while yours charged. The supers seemed pretty OP but then again they are supers.

I REALLY wish that the hipfire from weapons like the scout rifle was as accurate as it was in something like Halo. I LOVE firing from the hip, but in Destiny you couldn't fire from the hip and expect any decent results. I like playing bumper jumper, but because it's so hard to jump and fire from the hip with any accuracy, it definitely takes away from an aspect of the game that could potentially increase the skill gap (and I love big skill gaps so that I can shit even harder on kids).

I went in with a good team for most crucible games and we won 95% of them while I maintained over a 2.00 K/D so there is definitely a skill gap, but it could still be increased with said changes. Overall though like I said it was an amazing beta experience. It worries me though that it was leaked/rumored about how many story missions and raids and stuff will be available in full game. It doesn't really seem like that much considering how long they have been working on this and considering it is an MMO (massive).

http://destinynews.net/rumor-gameplay-scale-details/
Soo moist
Soo moist

7 Credits 3 Posts
I agree with most tweaks said here except the quitting thing. I think the only exception to that is if you get put into a game with less then 5 minutes left or if the other team has more then 1/2 your team points. Also i'm not too sure if anyone else ever had the problem of having your fire team split between the teams,but i hope that is fixed since that caused more then half of the losses i had in the beta
Hemme02
Hemme02

0 Credits 8 Posts
Kibosh said:Take away that stupid shield on the turret. At least leave me a little peep hole to snipe them through!

I think the turrets works fine. The shield only works from the front and you have to fire a lot to kill people. I don't know how many time a warlock jumped from B and nuked me in the turret. A turret should be a hard place to kill the operator. Otherwise it doesn't really have a purpose.

The tank on the moon will get a nerf. So that should be less OP in the future.

And i agree about the AR, it is to good in comparison in PVP. But if it needs nerfing or the other weapon needs buffing i dont know. Some more damage on a pulse/scout rifle maybe would do the trick.