Destiny 2 Tracker Network
Ploweranger
Ploweranger

18 Credits 7 Posts
8 Credit(s) Received
Hello,

This is a great site to see Destiny leaderboards, wonderful job! Clan finder would be a great addition and could definitely help people to quickly find their desired PvP or PvE (or both) clan. Not sure how difficult this would be to implement. I hate to draw more comparisons from WoW, but WoWProgress has a perfect "clan" (guild) filtering/search option, ontop of Clan leaderboards for PvE (again not sure of the difficulty).

It seems that there are a lot of people who want to join a clan, but most people are being shuffled into these massively oversized groups and there aren't great resources for clan searching right now.
xorth
xorth

644 Credits 527 Posts
Ploweranger said:Hello,

This is a great site to see Destiny leaderboards, wonderful job! Clan finder would be a great addition and could definitely help people to quickly find their desired PvP or PvE (or both) clan. Not sure how difficult this would be to implement. I hate to draw more comparisons from WoW, but WoWProgress has a perfect "clan" (guild) filtering/search option, ontop of Clan leaderboards for PvE (again not sure of the difficulty).

It seems that there are a lot of people who want to join a clan, but most people are being shuffled into these massively oversized groups and there aren't great resources for clan searching right now.

I'm unfamiliar with WoW. I'll do some googling, but can you give me some more specifics? Like a way to search for bungie clans? Or make clans here? I'm confused but willing! Thanks

Ploweranger
Ploweranger

18 Credits 7 Posts
http://www.wowprogress.com/

This is one of the best tools to recruit for WoW guilds (clans). You can clearly see their PvE ranking and search by raids per week, language, and recruitment. A Destiny equivalent could add Playstation or Xbox. You could apply the same things to a PvP guild who may be recruiting. Just spitballing ideas, as there really aren't any great "clan search" options out there right now. It's limited to spamming forums and hoping that someone sees your post.
Jennie
Jennie

92 Credits 146 Posts
The WoW clan finder essentially allows you to pick certain aspects of what you are looking for in a Guild and then filters active guilds allowing you to request to join said Guild. I believe they limit the amount of guild requests to 5 at a time, but I could be mistaken. You choose your role - Tank, Healer, DPS - Times available - Interests - Etc.

For Destiny I would recommend having Class: Warlock, Titan, Hunter - Interests: Crucible, Raids, PvE - Availability - Console Type: PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, All

I have included images of the WoW Guild Finder for reference.

Tyyger
Tyyger

521 Credits 288 Posts
xorth said:
Ploweranger said:Hello,

I'm unfamiliar with WoW. I'll do some googling, but can you give me some more specifics? Like a way to search for bungie clans? Or make clans here? I'm confused but willing! Thanks

The WoW Clan finder is based into a few things, and i'll change them here and discuss it for Destiny:

PvE Vs PvP

For Clans
If the clan is based specifically on PvE or PvP, or both. They choose which one they are.

For Members
A member is searching for a clan they choose which option they want, or more than one option if you want this to be an issue.

General changes
There could be more options, such as "PvE Raiding", "PvE Explore"...etc

Availability

For clans

Choosing an option of when they generally are active, either weekdays or weekends, or both.

For Members

Same as clan, but when they are able to do this

Class

For Clans

They could be an option to look for specific classes, in certain raids there may be requirements of certain class to perform actions

Members

What classes they play, it isn't always all three

Level

For clans

A level limit for clans, if they are 0-20, or simply 20+ only.

For Members

What level they are at, or wish to do... Such as leveling PvE to get to 20, rather than levle 20 PvP

Maturity

For clans

They can choose if they are friendly to only adults, or allow any age / maturity in their clan

For Members

What maturity of clan they are looking for, some people won't want to join a clan full of children.

Number of Members

For Clans

How many members they have

For Members

How many members they would like the clan to be, maximum or minimum.

Comment

For Clans

They can leave a comment, saying what they are like or additional information

For Members

Leave a comment to try and advertise themselves.

Also, i think maybe putting a "DTR Score" minimum or maximum, might be useful. Some people would be "elitiest" but they may be happy they have "only the best"

Ploweranger
Ploweranger

18 Credits 7 Posts
I wonder if there's any way to track progression through PvE raids (Vault of Glass) for clans, or even if Bungie has implemented something like that. PvP clans could be ranked by their top 6 (or 10 or whatever) DTR score players. Just something to add, potentially.