Destiny 2 Tracker Network
iiNsane_Rebel
iiNsane_Rebel

4 Credits 11 Posts
Hey everyone, I have a problem that I was wondering if you guys could help me with. I was wondering how much data usage destiny uses while you play online. I am asking this because I have Verizon Wireless and it is the only decent internet that I can get since I live 10 miles out of town. I can only use 30 Gb of data per month. I got destiny on launch and played for 3 days and used 8 gb of my 30 gb per month. I played around 16 hours total those three days. So im estimating destiny burns (300-500) mb a hour. That is a lot of data per hour. Considering Halo and CoD only uses 40-60 mb per hour online. So right now I am unable to play destiny because of this problem. I have seen a lot of people complaining about connection issues on bungie forums and thought maybe that has something to do with it using so much. I also played the beta and I do not remember it using that much. I also noticed you can check your data usage on your xbox one. Settings/Network/Bandwidth Usage I believe I went too earlier, and I played one crucible game and used 100 mb. I was wondering if you guys knew anything I did not or know of a solution besides getting a better ISP. I was hoping bungie will work this thing out so I can play.
Darkened Khaos
Darkened Khaos

26 Credits 58 Posts
Destiny unlike CoD or Halo features a partially open world where you can run into other players, If you're on the tower, roaming, or doing events you're always using data, You should expect to use more data when you're moving around outside of a match. Also seeing as people seem to be complaining about net-code I can only assume Destiny's network traffic hasn't been fully optimized for peak performance, meaning you're sending large amounts of data when what's really needed is a nice small slim packet containing far better optimized data concerning your player. (XYZ Coord, Direction, Gun, Equip, etc... mostly just the coordinates and other real-time info considering your gear should be loaded once and only once at the beginning of the match.)

So my only real answer would be be to wait and hope a patch comes out fixing network issues, as lots of players are trading kills and etc, (And if the game gets optimized further there should be very few trades on good/decent connections).

Until then I can only recommend waiting if you don't plan on switching to a physical ISP w/ unlimited bandwidth.