Learn More Donate

This thread is closed

Tyyger
Tyyger

521 Credits 288 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Credit to source: Click Here!

Rx Affliction said:

After doing a lot of testing with my friends, I think we are on to something here. The emblems the speaker sells may contain hidden buffs and these are the approximations of what we think they do after a bunch of testing and positive results. however, this could be a wild goose chase... so BUYER BEWARE

Blessing of IV Higher loot/glimmer when opening chests

Blessing of the Ancients Higher chance of drops/glimmer from majors or ultras (w/ glimmer consumable applied for glimmer)

Blessing of the Gifted Higher drop rate/cryptarch conversion chance

Blessing of the Joined Higher drop/glimmer chance when in a group (w/ glimmer consumable applied for glimmer)

Blessing of the Knight Higher drop/glimmer chance from Hive (w/ glimmer consumable applied for glimmer)

Blessing of the Sentinel Higher drop/glimmer chance from Vex (w/ glimmer consumable applied for glimmer)

Blessing of the Skeptic Higher loot chance on end game rolls

Blessing of the Speaker Higher drop/glimmer chance the higher light level you are (w/ glimmer consumable applied for glimmer)

Blessing of the Unmade Chance for more Mats when dismantling

Blessing of the Watcher Higher drop/glimmer chance when using your super (w/ glimmer consumable applied for glimmer)

Blessing of the Zealot Higher drop/glimmer chance from The Fallen (w/ glimmer consumable applied for glimmer)

Blessing of Worlds Chance of more materials looted in game

Edit: Right now most of this is Theory but i have tested Blessing of the Gifted myself and my drop rates definitely increased, not to mention 2 out of 10 legendary engrams have turned exotic for me. This post is more of a recruitment. I need help proving these. but my friends and i have definitely tested Gifted and IV with positive results. Please post if you can confirm that you experience gains in loot/glimmer/rep/exp with any of these equipped. Thanks for your assistance in advance!

We are also trying to confirm if Headshot kills specifically give a higher loot drop chance

Edit: So, after a few comments I'd figure I need to explain my thought process behind this a bit more. Motes of Light: a rare currency that is used to purchase legendary and exotic items from select vendors, so why would emblems specifically called Blessings cost Motes vs. the rest of the vendors requiring rep lvl and glimmer? Well a blessing suggests that it could have a buff (however hidden from us) attached to it and the additional expense of motes implies that these emblems are worth more, but why would they be worth more if they didn't have some effect? Maybe it is coincidence, and we are digging to far into it maybe it is legit, but we can't be sure if we don't try in the 1st place right!? Do the other legendary emblems have effects or is it limited to just the speaker sold ones? I honestly have no clue, It is possible, but on the other side, it is a game based on a ton of randomness, it could just be coincidental. Finally, it's Bungie and they love putting hidden (almost scavenger hunts) in games in places that we would never expect. So remember, BUYER BEWARE.

Wurm
Wurm

43 Credits 85 Posts
Has anything come of this? The source link just 404s.
mbayabo
mbayabo

0 Credits 1 Posts
I don't mean to be a douche here but I think you should change your use of Theory to Hypothesis because there aren't a lot of evidence to support this.

Theories are well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation (Wikipidia).

Hypothesis = a guess / speculation (which is really what this is)

However, this seems incredibly interesting. I will test this out and try to report my findings here. =)

=)
AR to the Knee
AR to the Knee

12 Credits 14 Posts
As a science teacher, I'm happy to know that at least mbayabo understands what a scientific theory actually is, but unfortunately for science, the word theory in everyday vernacular is completely different and this is the definition that most of the population knows. Because of this, scientific theories are often misconceived to be something that isn't true and is just a hunch, when in actuality that are overwhelming amounts of evidence to support something like evolution that anyone with a functioning brain knows is true.

As for this idea about the emblems giving bonus, well.. I bought the blessing of the gifted yesterday and played as I normally do and I thought that I saw a somewhat noticeable difference between the amount of legendary engrams I found. I had some of the worst luck imaginable so far in Destiny and could not get a legendary engram to save my life before yesterday. I think out of all the time I've played Destiny (and I've played a lot and farmed a lot), I was only dropped TWO legendary engrams in game. Yesterday after equipping the emblem I was dropped three just in the span of a few hours. It could just be coincidence and it could simply be a confirmation bias, but either way I'm leaving this emblem equipped. :)
Tyyger
Tyyger

521 Credits 288 Posts
Wurm said:Has anything come of this? The source link just 404s.

Strange, i'll find another link to the source in question.

Seng has tried the IV emblem and had a higher glimmer drop rate in chests for the hour he tested it. 40+ in every chests, compared to 30+ typically.

Other people reading through have had small similar effects that seem to pose this as a possiblity. Truthfully until i see hard numbers it won't interest me too much, although as there is no use in emblems atm i'm happy to wear my blessing of the gifted incase there is truth in it.
Hi Im Lone Wolf
Hi Im Lone Wolf

438 Credits 1521 Posts
DTR Tyyger said:

Link is bust because it has "http://destinytracker.com/Forums/Post/4629/2/" in it, remove it and it should work.
Tyyger
Tyyger

521 Credits 288 Posts
Hey Im Swat said:
DTR Tyyger said:

Link is bust because it has "http://destinytracker.com/Forums/Post/4629/2/" in it, remove it and it should work.

I can see the actual input and it doesn't have the destiny tracker bit, link is just 404'ing.
Wurm
Wurm

43 Credits 85 Posts
DTR Tyyger said:
Hey Im Swat said:
DTR Tyyger said:

I can see the actual input and it doesn't have the destiny tracker bit, link is just 404'ing.

This is the actual source link.
katkikr
katkikr

81 Credits 75 Posts
Interesting, I'm going to try out the gifted when I get a chance.

And, just a note...with all the hair-splitting about theories and such. This isn't a scientific debate necessarily. In the regular world, the term theory is used for what scientists would call either a theory or a hypothesis. The attempts to derail the thread and sound more intelligent are a bit overbearing and misguided, in my opinion. In the future, perhaps a simple "thank you for the ideas and work you've put into this" would be more appropriate than "you used the wrong word because I think I'm smarter than you".

Thanks again for the info Tyyger, definitely appreciated!
AR to the Knee
AR to the Knee

12 Credits 14 Posts
MOD EDIT - Lets be nice here.
TheBigL
TheBigL

252 Credits 504 Posts
AR to the Knee said:

What is also interesting is that for a science teacher, you sure act immature online on both of the websites that I moderate for. And its ironic that you try to make a correlation of PvP skill to having an opinion on a matter.
TheBigL
TheBigL

252 Credits 504 Posts
Original cited source has updated his post on bungie.net.

---STOP--- Before continuing, know that this was concluded as NO emblem from the speaker has any buffs. THIS WAS CONFIRMED BY BUNGIE

Locking the thread before a flame war continues over the use of "theory" vs "hypothesis."

This thread is closed